Rear Wheel Carriers?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

RocksAndBikes

Rear Wheel Carriers?

Postby RocksAndBikes » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Folks

Does any one have a diagram for the nissan swing away wheel carrier?

I think my top hinge has worn bushes or similar. I get a clank from the top hinge and can feel just less than 1mm of play when I move the wheel..

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Tony.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 am

Is this for a 2005-2012 Pathfinder?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 am

I've seen a scarce info on these, typically overseas from the Conti. USA. I see you're from Manila, so that makes sense.

I remember seeing an Aussie Pathy once with a dual carrier.

I'm interested in a single carrier, so keeping track of this thread if in fact this is R51 related.

Pathfinding

Postby Pathfinding » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 am

Hi guys,

Here in Oz we have Kaymar who sell both a single and twin wheel carrier. There is also Outback Accessories that do a single similar to Kaymar or a twin carrier which sits on a steel bar which is a semi replacement for the plastic rear bumper.
Kaymar is more expensive but you can get them here through ARB. No idea about getting them across to the states.

Cheers
Ben

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 pm

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:27 pm

That looks real nice. Shipping I think would be crazy to the U.S.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Looks as if Tactical Armor Group stepped up, finally a non-custom, US available option.

http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com/TAGSt ... fault.aspx

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 pm

NmexMAX wrote:Looks as if Tactical Armor Group stepped up, finally a non-custom, US available option.

I've been waiting for someone to offer this! Thanks for posting it.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 pm

If someone buys from TAG, let me know how it goes. Coming from my Jeep and the Jeep forum I belonged to for years, TAG has horrible customer service. Also, members who bought their carriers from TAG had to modify the attachment points once received. They didn't line up on their Jeep as was told by TAG. Hate to bash not having dealt with them myself, but having seen all the negative and not much positive, it's hard not too.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:59 am

Ahh, didn't know that. I was always interested in their front bumper, and have seen 2 Pathys on this forum with it, but always worry about fitment since mine is an 08 model, and cutting the bumper will be necessary. And now I came across this new thing as I was once again contemplating the front.

Spoke to them a while back and it was stated to me there wouldn't be a but there would be measuring instructions. And as with ARB, I believe they provide a template, although I'm not sure how that would work.

Also, their prices are a lot more attractive than other companies, but it seems as if there might be a reason for that, but most other companies are asking nearly 2x what these guys are, even for their most basic, non lighted units.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 am

NmexMAX wrote:Ahh, didn't know that. I was always interested in their front bumper, and have seen 2 Pathys on this forum with it, but always worry about fitment since mine is an 08 model, and cutting the bumper will be necessary. And now I came across this new thing as I was once again contemplating the front.

Spoke to them a while back and it was stated to me there wouldn't be a but there would be measuring instructions. And as with ARB, I believe they provide a template, although I'm not sure how that would work.

Also, their prices are a lot more attractive than other companies, but it seems as if there might be a reason for that, but most other companies are asking nearly 2x what these guys are, even for their most basic, non lighted units.
Agreed. I do like the price they offer compared to other companies. I like you was drawn to their company because of the price when I had my JEEP but after hearing all the bad stories, I didn't bother, plus I sold my JEEP. :(

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 am

SOld a Jeep for a Pathfinder, that seems taboo. :twisted:

Hehe, I'm happy with mine, my buddy has sa JK and, yeah, I like it but, the V8 Pathfinder is just a little higher on that rare factor.

Also, I was looking and I think it be fairly easy for them or anyone to make a template, and that would just be using a CAD design.

I'd say using the lines of the 05-07 bumper, and the angle of the fender well from where the bumper meets that line, and get a radius and distance, and done.

Looking at their front bumper line-up, looks as if mtcoastie now has one. :o

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 am

The lines don't make any sense on that TAG bumper, horrid departure angle and a proboscis for a receiver hitch.

Looks ugly and functions shittily? Pass.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 am

NmexMAX wrote:SOld a Jeep for a Pathfinder, that seems taboo. :twisted:

Hehe, I'm happy with mine, my buddy has sa JK and, yeah, I like it but, the V8 Pathfinder is just a little higher on that rare factor.

Also, I was looking and I think it be fairly easy for them or anyone to make a template, and that would just be using a CAD design.

I'd say using the lines of the 05-07 bumper, and the angle of the fender well from where the bumper meets that line, and get a radius and distance, and done.

Looking at their front bumper line-up, looks as if mtcoastie now has one. :o

Well I had a 99 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L V8. Loved it. 4 inch lift, hitch mounted tire carrier. I was deploying to Afghanistan early 2011 and the wife wanted something newer with a warranty while I was gone. So I bought her our 08 V8 Pathfinder. Certified Pre-owned. So while I was deployed, my family had this great idea to visit Namibia Africa in 2012 for a safari hunt. I was still deployed but didn't have the down payment at the time, so I sold the jeep to cover my future hunting trip. I really miss the Jeep and will probably get another one.

I also do like my V8 pathfinder. They are hard to find.

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

Tag has improved. I've dealt with them three times in 6 years. I got the front bumper my 03 Durango my mechanic had a hard time installing it, wound up scrapping their brackets and making his own set. I ordered the rear one for the Durango there were no issues. I ordered the front one for my pathfinder and there were no issues. Mine is an 08 so I had to cut the bumper. I will be ordering the rear soon for my path. Quality is great. Customer service is good. Build time takes a while

That's what I'm worried about. I've heard plenty about the brackets not working out and having to be cut of and mounted in a different spot.

Good news on the Pathfinder bumper. Maybe they had a leadership turnover and have come around and fixed things.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”