Rocky-Road Super Sliders

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Oly 22

Rocky-Road Super Sliders

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Has anyone gone with the Rocky-Road Super Sliders? How much drilling is required?
http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinder-rock-sliders.html

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Rocky-Road Super Sliders

Postby NVSteve » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:27 am

Oly 22 wrote:Has anyone gone with the Rocky-Road Super Sliders? How much drilling is required?
http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinder-rock-sliders.html
Yup. That first picture on the link you provided is mine. I was their fabrication mule: they borrowed my Pathfinder for a few days, created the sliders, installed them & let me have them free.

I've been pretty impressed with them so far. I've only hit something maybe twice, both times were rocks & they didn't flinch. The only questionable part of their sliders is the connection to the body of the vehicle in addition to the frame. Bolting to the frame is easy, as they use the existing holes (I believe there are 3 of them per side) and bolts that the steps bolt to. You will have to drill about 5? smaller holes along the lip of the body.

Lots of people on other forums without the sliders are complaining that you should not bolt to the frame and the body since there is flex between body and frame. However, those who have these sliders, myself included, have not had any problems because of this. I know there is a thread floating around here where I made the initial post about them, complete with pics. Anyway, if you have any questions after reading through that thread, let me know & I'll see if I can answer you.
Last edited by NVSteve on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 am

Thanks NV Steve, They look great and I am happy to hear they work well. When you mentioned that there is 5? small holes to drill in the body, would that be 5 per side or total?

I will look for your original thread and will get back to you, if I have any more questions. Thanks for the offer of additonal help.

Cheers!

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 am

I've got 'em too, they're great, I've jacked up off them as well as taken one good prang on a rock so far, they're very very solid.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Oly 22 wrote:Thanks NV Steve, They look great and I am happy to hear they work well. When you mentioned that there is 5? small holes to drill in the body, would that be 5 per side or total?

I will look for your original thread and will get back to you, if I have any more questions. Thanks for the offer of additonal help.

Cheers!
Yes, it would be per side. I'm thinking more along the lines of 4 bolts instead of 5. About a year after the initial install, I removed the sliders, sanded them down, then applied bedliner to them. I also replaced all of the bolts with stainless steel bolts because I don't like rust.

Here's the original thread:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... rs&start=0

I can't seem to find my thread showing the bedlining process.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks Guys,

As usual, this forum and people like you have been a great help. I hope to order these in the next couple of months. I think I will avoid the tape though. :wink:

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Ive got a set of the supersliders and have no complaints easy to install comes with all the hardware and two templates to complete the drilling. Saved my driverside door from a tree when i slid off a washed out road during a flood. also recommend full steel skid plate for the front. my bumper got ripped off andImage the cheap stock skid almost punctured my radiator.Image

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am

Here's what they look like right after reinstalling with about 4 coats of bedliner on them.

I've noticed a few spots that have since peeled off. The great thing about bedliner is that you can constantly reapply the stuff over the top of the old & it will bond to it.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi NVSteve,

Could you please PM me, there is a few of us interested in the Rock/Super Sliders and I would like speak with you first.

With thanks.

Oly

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”