Bull bars or brush guards?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

tamollyman

Bull bars or brush guards?

Postby tamollyman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Just wondering what everyone has and I'd really like some pics because that's what's keeping me on the fence about either is how they'll look on. I'm leaning toward a bull bar but then what brand? What brand brush guard if that's what u prefer?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 am

When it comes to Bull Bars, Westin and Bully are two of the top brands. As far as brush guards, it depends on how extreme you want to go. For a relatively stock look, I like the genuine Nissan brushguard from their accessory catalog. If you want to go to the extreme side, you might want to look at ARB. Take a look at these sites if you haven't already:

http://www.arbusa.com/

www.4x4parts.com

www.westinautomotive.com

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I went with the bull bar. My icon has the bull bar with the metal skid plate and below is without it. The bull bar is basically a good way to mount lights which is exactly what I did. Mine is the Aries brand and I got it through Cabela's.

tamollyman

Postby tamollyman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Thank you both. The web sites are great. And thanks for the pic!! It looks good on the PF to have that on there but why did you take off the skid plate?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 pm

I used to have a T & H bullbar on my pathfinder before the shrockworks transformation...

I bought it from autoanything but it doesn't look like they carry it anymore for the R51 Pathfinder.

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 am

I took off the skid plate because it made changing the oil a PITA and it was silver. I still have it an may put it back on after painting it black.

A note on ordering. I ordered mine for a Frontier and it is the same part number as what fits the PF.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am

Not sure which brand, but I have a full brush guard with a winch.

Before people start doging about how this won't work, here are pictures showing the winch tray mounted to the frame.

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:41 pm

volvite, have you been able to track down what kind of brush guard you own? I like how it does not have the horizontal bars that go in front the lights and that it looks very hefty.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:34 pm

I've not been able to find the brand of my brush guard. I looked all over the unit after I purchased my Pathfinder 3 years ago as other people had the same question. I'm not sure how else to try and find it as most that I find online don't have the winch tray. Sorry I'm not more help. If there are more pictures I can take, let me know.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:42 pm

it almost looks like one for the titan or armada. but im pretty sure they are wider.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”