removed running boards

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I have not yet contacted Rocky Road to get a quote. NVSteve was involved with the development of the sliders for the Pathfinder. I have PM Steve to see if he could send me a contact name to discuss a bulk buy. I will wait a day or two, to see if Steve is able to contact me, then contact Rocky Road and see if they would offer any discounts. I will post the information shortly after I speak with them.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Cool. Sounds good.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am

Oly 22 wrote:I have not yet contacted Rocky Road to get a quote. NVSteve was involved with the development of the sliders for the Pathfinder. I have PM Steve to see if he could send me a contact name to discuss a bulk buy. I will wait a day or two, to see if Steve is able to contact me, then contact Rocky Road and see if they would offer any discounts. I will post the information shortly after I speak with them.
PM sent. Basically, I don't remember the name of the guy who originally helped me, but he was the owner. When I went to visit their little operation & drop off the Pathfinder, all the employees there seemed pretty helpful & very much into all things 4x4. They seemed a little surprised that I was doing all this stuff to my foofoo car (picked up my OME springs and shocks from them also), but they thought it was great.

Easiest thing to do would be to shoot them an email (the one email address on their site) and see what they say. Previously, only the owner was handling all the emails from customers.

Jeremy4234

Postby Jeremy4234 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 am

I'm in if it saves money.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Steve,

I will send them an e-mail and I will mention your name.

Cheers!

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Okay, here we go. As I suspected, Rocky-Road manufacturers in house and makes the sliders to order. This means that the fabrication cost is high as they may make one set of sliders, for a specific vehicle, at a time. For some other, more popular vehicles, they may make several at a time so bulk buys would be difficult. The Pathfinder would be one of those vehicles that they build to order, one at a time. So an R51 bulk buy would lower their production costs, without impacting their margins. This is perfect, we can save money, and Rocky-Road does not have to cut profit.

For a minimum order of 5 kits, they could offer a 15% discount. For a minimum order of 10 kits, they could offer a 25% discount.

Super Sliders
Standard price is $409.00 USD, freight and any applicable taxes are extra.
With a 15% discount, the price would be approx. $347.65 USD
With a 25% discount, the price would be approx. $306.75 USD

Restrictions
-One Time group buy. We all place our orders with in a day of each other.
-Orders must be placed within this time frame, to receive the discounts.
-No orders received after this time frame will be accepted at the lower cost. Do not expect to pay the lower price if you place an order three weeks after the bulk buy. Standard pricing would apply.
-Each member is responsible to place their own order, pay for the sliders and freight to their location.
-All orders will be shipped at the same time, this allows Rocky-Road the ability to cut, weld fabricate and paint all sliders at the same time.
-No rush orders that will impact production. Rocky-Road would ship each order, to each member within a couple of days of each other. We get them when we get them.
-If the entire bulk buy is less than 5 sets, the orders that are placed will be sold at full suggested price of $409.00 USD. In other words, we all need to commit, to get the discount. If one backs out, the rest would lose the discount.
-All orders to be for the Super Sliders (If R50 and WD21 owners are also interested, they should organize their own buy. I would be happy to pass along contact details).

At this time, I believe the following members have expressed interest in the Super Sliders.

Doctahjones
Volvite
CGray
Jeremy4234
and myself Oly 22

There are 5 orders already, if we all commit and we haven't even gotten the word out to the entire forum yet. Volvite, as an administrator, is there a way to make this offer more public? I would also suggest we put a time limit on the responses and set a purchase date. October is just around the corner. What if we say that all members that are interested must commit by October 15th and all orders must be placed on October 22nd. Orders would then be shipped in November. I could be the main contact, from the forum side and keep count of the orders. All members that order the Super Sliders, should PM me, so I can keep track. I could also follow up with Rocky-Road for fabrication and shipping dates.

I am 100% committed and was going to order the Super Sliders anyways. This would free up a little more money for another mod. Who's in?

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Oly

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm

just to give what my estimated out the door prices (no tax, with shipping) would be:

reg = $472
-15% = $412
-25% = $366

so yeah if we don't have to have the funds available until oct 15th, i should be down if we can at least get the 15% discount.

if we can get enough for the 25% discount then i'm for sure down.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Just to be clear and just in case, discounts apply to product only, freight is on top of the cost of the sliders and no discount applies to freight. Not exactly sure how you came up with your numbers Doc. The freight number should be a fixed amount.

As for an order date, it is really up to us. I chose the October 15th date just for you Doc :D. Actually, I'd really like to get these on order sooner than later and while the offer is hot on the table.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 am

Oly 22,

Nice work. I think we should start a new thread in this same section and have the topic describe a group buy. You should post all the information from your previous post here. Then allow individuals post stating they will buy. I like having a deadline. This makes people commit.

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 am

I like the idea of the new thread. I will look into them again tonight and get an answer to you before the deadline.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 am

Sounds good. I will get something up tonight.

srquill

Postby srquill » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 am

Hey doctahjones, took off my running board and I noticed you put some type of black strip along that bottom lip, it looks really nice. What'd you do/get?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 am

i did it with plastidip. it's been holding up relatively well. was going to go back and redo it with like bedliner or something, but since the jeep is my offroad vehicle ill probably just leave it dipped. have only had to do a few touch ups, where the dogs climb in using the rock rail, and where the wife bangs her shoes getting in.

srquill

Postby srquill » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 am

doctahjones wrote:i did it with plastidip. it's been holding up relatively well. was going to go back and redo it with like bedliner or something, but since the jeep is my offroad vehicle ill probably just leave it dipped. have only had to do a few touch ups, where the dogs climb in using the rock rail, and where the wife bangs her shoes getting in.
Oh okay, maybe I'll try that. Just did some plastidip mods to mine if you wanna check it out
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 8432#58432

patomwazi

Re: removed running boards

Postby patomwazi » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 am

doctahjones wrote:pretty easy. unbolt the running board from the mounts first (6 bolts per side), and then remove the mounts from the frame (6 nuts per side). i learned it the hard way though, i tried to just take off the mount and board at the same time (by just doing the nuts on the frame), but i couldn't get the board to unseat due to it hitting the body/etc. so yeah, just undo the board first, then the mounts.

and then whalla, no more boards!

Image[/img]

on the second picture from top,,,what is that thing attached to the frame(the one the top left arrow crosses) looks like some form of suspension bushing but as i checked today its not attached to anything but the frame and nothing on-top below in-front or behind it....oh and they are on each side of the frame..

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”