Wipe New Product

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

robgeo1

Wipe New Product

Postby robgeo1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Hey guys,

I ordered this product: Wipenew.com
You've probably seen the product on TV lately. Their claim is that it gets all the black plastic parts back to new and it's supposed to last for a long time.
(I believe the commercial said two years)

I've used several of the "back to black" products on the market over the years and for the most part they are good for a short time until it goes "back to white".

This product is different. It's definitely more chemically. It has a strong odor but it's not unpleasant. And it appears to actually work. I used it on my roof racks and they came out looking like new. I tried to scrub it off and left it in the sun but it still looked great. The next day I washed the car and it stayed good. Now for the test of time.... I'll update in a week or two.

robgeo1

Postby robgeo1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm wishing I hadn't gone to all the trouble to remove the running boards and mud guards to paint them. (which turned out great by the way) This product seems to do the trick.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 am

robgeo1

Postby robgeo1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

I don't know....??? It seems to be working so far. I see a lot of complaints are about the expense, and YES it's expensive at $35. I'll keep and eye and update.

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Sounds better than having to re-do it every two months.

robgeo1

Postby robgeo1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:28 pm

WipeNew update: After a week I have to say I'm in favor of the product as far as doing what is advertised. The black plastic parts of the roof rack look very good and almost like new. This is after a round trip across Alligator Alley up to Tampa and back and a car wash. I hit a little rain and lots of bugs on the way. Up close it looks a little "streaky", but I hit it with one more coat. Let's see how that does.. Update next week.

Pathmyway

Postby Pathmyway » Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm

I was doing research on the product as well and found a cool trick with a heat gun on black plastic. Just what you would think, heat gun slow and steady. The plastic handles it and all the oxidation disappears. A lot of Avalanche owners do this.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Mon May 06, 2013 6:41 pm

robgeo1 wrote:WipeNew update: After a week I have to say I'm in favor of the product as far as doing what is advertised. The black plastic parts of the roof rack look very good and almost like new. This is after a round trip across Alligator Alley up to Tampa and back and a car wash. I hit a little rain and lots of bugs on the way. Up close it looks a little "streaky", but I hit it with one more coat. Let's see how that does.. Update next week.
Looking forward to the update.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Thu May 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Any news now that the weather has warmed up and we're seeing Spring rains?

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”