Rear Wiper Blade

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

baironhorse

Rear Wiper Blade

Postby baironhorse » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm

DOes any know how to replace it? I dont want to break cheap plastic holder... PLease help? I look all over web and cant locate a good vid.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:53 pm

every time i've purchased a new wiper (rear included) it comes with another new plastic clip, so i wouldn't worry about breaking it.

however usuually there's a little tab that you press in, then pull the wiper itself towards where the wiper motor would be. it should slide right out.

here's a vid on how to do it. it's for the front, but it's the same for the rear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJN7NqkUd1k

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 am

removal of the rear wiper arm assy (if that's what you're trying to do) is a bit different from the front
instructions are on page 8-20 in the owners' manual

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 pm

The only problem with the rear wiper is trying to find a place that sells it cheaper than the dealer.

Jegan

Postby Jegan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 am

I have a Mazda 5 with a rear wiper kit like the pathy. I have always, on the Mazda, been able to go out and buy some cheap wiper of the same length and carefully pull out the rubber blade with the two thin metal support arms off the cheap kit and then slide it into place on the window mounted kit. All you replace is the rubber blade and not the rest. As my pathy is brand new I haven't done it yet on that vehicle. When I do I will try to remember to post pics and guide on the process. Make sure when you buy the cheap wiper that the blade has the two small metal support arms and it should work fine.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 am

ok i was wrong, sorry. still really easy to get it out.

on my 08 you pull the wiper arm out as far as it will go, then take the side of the blade that's closest to the wiper motor and start to rotate it towards the glass. keep rotating until the wiper comes out of the arm. it will just barely clear the glass when you're holding the arm out.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 am

Jegan wrote:I have a Mazda 5 with a rear wiper kit like the pathy. I have always, on the Mazda, been able to go out and buy some cheap wiper of the same length and carefully pull out the rubber blade with the two thin metal support arms off the cheap kit and then slide it into place on the window mounted kit. All you replace is the rubber blade and not the rest. As my pathy is brand new I haven't done it yet on that vehicle. When I do I will try to remember to post pics and guide on the process. Make sure when you buy the cheap wiper that the blade has the two small metal support arms and it should work fine.
I've done that twice. It worked for the middle part of the window but did not clear the as well as an OEM from Nissan. I hate buying from the dealership but the areas that the aftermarket replacement strip drove me to buy an OEM from Nissan.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”