reaching the door hinges

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

EeJay84

reaching the door hinges

Postby EeJay84 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 am

My driver side door falls down a few mm when opened. This results in a little "bump" when closing the door. Probably nothing that would cause any harm just that it is annoying.

I was looking to adjust the hinges on the door but according to the repair manual I need to remove the grill, headlights, front bumper, front fender and front fender protector to reach these two hinges.

seems like quite the hassle, do anyone have a shortcut on how to reach them? Or have had the same problem and fixed it somehow.

its a 2005 model.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am

Why wouldn't it just be the front fender liner? I don't see how removing anything forward of that helps you get to door hinges...

EeJay84

Postby EeJay84 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 am

I thought so too. But I double checked in the service manual and it says that to remove the front fender liner you have to remove the front bumper (and to remove the front bumber you have to remove the grill and head light housing) blabla...

is the book just overdoing it? I was checking and it seems as if the front fender should go by itself. Has anyone removed only this?

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Um...yeah, plenty of times. No you do not need to remove the front bumper.

You may be looking at the points where you have to disconnect it from the front air skirt under the bumper. There are a few connectors in there, but even that doesn't need to be removed.

I don't really use the manual when removing the fender liner BTW. It's pretty straight forward, and you'll see the door hinges behind it.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 pm

The liner can be removed in about 5 minutes, it's very easy

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”