Boooo.

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Skoobie

Boooo.

Postby Skoobie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Picked up our Pathy last Sunday (week ago). This weekend I was looking down at the top from a 2nd story window and noticed about 15 or 16 baseball sized dents on the ridges between the roof rack rails. :evil: We bought the car at night and didn't notice the damage....called the dealership and they said to bring it in today to 'see what they could do'. Just heard from the wife and they said they could TRY to pop them out. :roll: I know there is no way they could fix it without doing some major body work and repainting so I'm not sure what I was expecting them to say...<sigh> The damage itself isn't really noticeable because of its location I'm just upset I paid 3-4 grand more than I should have had I noticed the damage before hand. Live and learn I guess...look over every INCH of the car before you sign anything :P

FreQ

Postby FreQ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm

they should be able to PDR them out

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 pm

FreQ wrote:they should be able to PDR them out
Exactly this, Paintless dent repairing has becoome a great business and I have had some dents removed from vehicles that I thought would never again look right but came out perfect.

Thing is, it's expensive and who's gonna pay for this. I know you're not wanting to and I doubt the dealership is going to pay for all of it. Avg quarter size door ding on my truck I had removed was $125.00, this was 7 years ago...

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:26 am

as far as cost, the dealership probably gets a discount from the PDR outfit
if the dealership does not want to pay for all or part of it, maybe you can get the work done at their cost
a lot will have to do with your relationship with the dealer
good luck

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm

I've noticed dealerships won't do anything for the sake of the relationship anymore. Not around here, anyway. I have battled with a dealer over $25 on an $1800 bill. I lost. I have also lost a battle over an $1100 repair because I brought the car in ONE day after the warranty expired.

The typical dealership motto seems to be "get what you can, when you can."

Skoobie

Postby Skoobie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Well I'm not to fussed about the damage, I just wish I hadn't paid as much for it. Here is a couple pics of the damage. The dealer is a larger one and has its own autobody shop. They are going to try to fix it from the inside by taking down the headliner and popping them out so no PDR here. I would almost rather talk them down in price and leave it as-is but something tells me they would rather keep my money and just repair it :P

As far as the dealer relationship this is the 2nd new-ish car I've bought from them and they were pretty eager to get my business back. So far they have been super apologetic and I haven't had to demand anything, they've just offered it up. That will probably change though if I start talking discount :P haha

Image[/img]

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”