New radio install this weekend

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

staynlean

New radio install this weekend

Postby staynlean » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm

It's a Kenwood DDX 370

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Last week went to Best Buy to look at radios. My CD is stuck (basic OEM radio) & thought MP3 & USB in the front would be nice to upgrade to. They had only one double din radio that fit my basic needs and it was $149. I knew going in an install labor was $60, but with all the adapters needed the price jumped to $122 + radio. Walked away saying I didn’t need a radio that bad.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 am

Try Crutchfield.com....they have great service and support and their prices are fair, plus they give you all of the adapters and instructions with our purchase. I've dealt with them for over a decade and they've never done me wrong!

As far as the install above, I really don't recommend wire nuts as they tend to loosen up over time with the constant bouncing and vibration of a moving vehicle. They can also create a poor connection that causes a voltage drop, something you don't want in a 12V DC electrical circuit. Wire nuts are usually used in high voltage, AC circuits. Solderless crimp connectors are much better, but soldering and shrink wrap is always the best way to go.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 am

I was also going to mention Crutchfield. I've bought from them since the 80s & they have always been extremely helpful with everything. It was always so nice to receive their "kits" which allow a simple plug & play with existing wiring.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am

Crutchfield is also great with warranty service. A few years back, I had an Infiniti Kappa component speaker with a 3-year warranty that I purchased from them. The wire broke on the speaker in a place where it was difficult to resolder. I couldn't find the paperwork, but knew it was about a year and a half ago when I had purchased them. I called them up and told them my problem, they looked up my account and found the purchase and I had a brand new pair at my doorstep the next day! All I had to do was put the old speakers in the box and attach the pre-printed shipping label and drop it off at the local shipping drop off (can't remember if it was UPS or FedEX). Nothing but friendly and knowledgeable staff!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:24 am

Also always had good service with Crutchfield. Not the cheapest option but the service is more than worth the extra cost.

rnlsmomandad

Quick question

Postby rnlsmomandad » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:58 am

I just bought the same exact double din Cd player for my 07 pathfinder. Did u happen to have any problems with ur climate controls after u installed it. The only thing that is working on mine right now is the blower adjustment part. Nothing else works in the whole section there.

rnlsmomandad

One more thing

Postby rnlsmomandad » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:02 am

Sorry to post again. I couldn't really tell but we're u able to get the frame around the front of the cd player to go on? I couldn't get mine to fit and there's a little open space around it and it drives me nuts.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”