Little wet spot on floor mat by passenger right foot

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

oreogaborio

Little wet spot on floor mat by passenger right foot

Postby oreogaborio » Thu May 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey all,

Not sure if it's rain related or A/C related, but I noticed again today that I had a little wet spot on the floor mat by passenger right foot. Haven't noticed it a while until today and it's been both warm AND wet, so i suppose it could be either one.

So I pulled out the glove boxes and poked around, but the only signs of moisture I could find were these little spots of rust on the metal framing around the passenger footwell...

Image Image

All the air conditioning equipment is there so I'm thinking it might be coming from there, but I suppose it also could be a clogged sunroof drain (though it seems a little too far "inside" to be that.

Any ideas where it might be coming from or additional spots to look?

Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm

There was a TSB about installing a hose on the A/C evaporator case drain on the earlier R51's, but a leak there should show up as rust in the places you are showing. I would keep an eye in that area from inside the vehicle while someone thoroughly soaks the car with a water hose from the outside to see if you can see a water leak.

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm

cool, thanks for the info.

TheUnscented

passenger side floor wet

Postby TheUnscented » Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 pm

This is actually a common problem. The first thing to do is to check and see if the evaporator hose is backed up. There's also a common problem with PF and Titans where the floorboard metal is joined--the weld is incomplete. There's a service bulletin out about it--Nissan has them fix the leak with an adhesive patch.

When I was shopping for a used PF, I found some rusty (dry carpeting) on the passenger side. Pulling back the carpeting and trim revealed a wet rusty floorboard. After finding the service bulletin, I notified the dealer who instead decided to sell the PF to someone who didn't notice the problem.

Germaine Nissan in Columbus

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”