Floor liners: Husky or Weathertech?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Which mats do you prefer?

Husky liners
28%
Weathertech
72%

Total votes: 18

cgray

Postby cgray » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 pm

I have the husky liners on both sides in the front. They have worked out and I haven't put the carpet ones back in for over a year now. As with any floor mat like this clean up is super easy.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Here are the pics of my weather tech mats. Don't look at the messy interior.

Driver Side middle row

Passenger side middle row

Passenger front

Driver Front

Whichever brand you buy, I do have the Husky cargo mat that I'm willing to sell. I use the 3rd row more often than I thought I would and would be willing to cut you a good deal on it if you want it.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks, Volvite.

From the looks of your pics and those I've seen online the front mats look like they let any liquids run off onto the kick panel / threshold and out the front doors when you open them. Is this true? Or, is there sufficient enough of a lip to contain any liquids on the mat until you remove it to drain?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:48 am

I think there is enough of a lip to hold enough water from snow or rain. I don't think they would have been smart to have a big lip as you would probably trip on it as you enter or exit the vehicle. I've never had it overflowing onto the carpet or down the door sill. They have worked great for me and have protected my carpet underneath. I try and keep as much moisture out of the vehicle as possible so I usually kick my running board before I enter the car to help with this. Hope that helps.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks, all. Ended up going with the Weathertech digitalfit. I have Husky liners in my Jeep and they work great for that application since the floor pans sit below the kick panel / door threshold. But since the Pathfinder's threshold is flush I went with the Weathertech as they seem to provide more surface area coverage.

The material is great. It possesses good traction/grip on wet shoe soles. Only complaint is the rear mat doesn't cover the entire rear carpet as shown in the pics above from Volvite. It would be nice if they had a lip that went over the threshold like the front liners do.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:11 am

Agree! I too wish that the middle row mats worked more like the front mats.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Just a follow up on the mats now that we've had some winter weather in my neck of the woods. The front mats work great. Complete coverage of the carpeted area sans the left-foot rest/block.

Snow melts and liquid is trapped in the groove. We haven't had a ton of snow but we've had a few instances thus far. I'm tapping snow off my shoes on the running board before entering the vehicle. I suppose there could be a cast where if you climbed in with a glacier attached to your boots the volume of water would be too much for the detention groove to handle but so far it works great.

Would highly recommend for anyone looking for weather mats.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”