Rage - Roof Basket & Light Bar Install

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:33 am

DanJetta wrote:I just got this exact same rack and love it. It's amazing how the fairing makes the rack nearly silent -- definitely a must-have if you don't want to feel like you're flying in a jumbo jet (noise). I did notice a 1.5 mpg drop in fuel economy on the highway (anything above 55). Not bad.
Yea the fairing makes a big difference. Wow- 1.5mpg drop... I did not see that. I may have lost 0.5mpg... But not much, based on a daily drive of about 70 miles @ 70mph on cruse control. I would be upset if it dropped that much.

kngTgr

Width

Postby kngTgr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 am

Are you guys happy with the width of these baskets, they seem a little narrow to me, at 39 inches.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:05 pm

I find the width ideal for both appearance and function. I load mine up pretty good when we go out of town. It also has a clean look and follows the lines of the truck nicely. Anything wider would look weird, I think. Sort of like you're borrowing your Hummer-driving neighbor's rack because you didn't want to buy one of your own.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”