Snorkel advice

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

steelepathy

Snorkel advice

Postby steelepathy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:00 am

hey all,

just looking at the ironman snorkel or an alternative for the nissan. anyone out there run into any issues installing them, the ironman one looks pretty straightforward on their site but because ill be getting it online i want to make sure im getting the right one and everything ill need to install it. I just would like to hear if there is any advice from someones who has done this before i start.

http://www.ironman4x4.com/pdfs/accessor ... 019_IM.pdf

cheers

unmeloy

Postby unmeloy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:42 pm

what are you doing that you would need a functional snorkel?

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:33 pm

the snorkels are for deep water crossing...

unmeloy

Postby unmeloy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:35 pm

i know what they are for... was asking what he was doing that he needs it... i.e. mudding... camping... curious...

steelepathy

Postby steelepathy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:52 am

So I can take it snorkeling. .. :roll:

steelepathy

Postby steelepathy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 am

Sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic. Wouldn't be using it for any water crossing but mainly for dust mud off road and snow during the the winter. Last few years we have had alot of snow here and a few of us who ski take the 4x4s back country to get some snowboarding/skiing in. Usually you are driving through a mud bath and deep snow to get there. I do alot of mountain biking too and most of that is uplifts off road so im making the path a bit of a project to kitting it out so I can take it off road no worries but still use it on a daily basis driving on roads.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:03 am

steelepathy wrote:Sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic. Wouldn't be using it for any water crossing but mainly for dust mud off road and snow during the the winter. Last few years we have had alot of snow here and a few of us who ski take the 4x4s back country to get some snowboarding/skiing in. Usually you are driving through a mud bath and deep snow to get there. I do alot of mountain biking too and most of that is uplifts off road so im making the path a bit of a project to kitting it out so I can take it off road no worries but still use it on a daily basis driving on roads.
it will also be one hell of a cold air intake.

steelepathy

Postby steelepathy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:41 am

Haha yea it would keep it nice and chilly alright. Funny you should mention that I was only just looking at the volant cai and doing both at the same time. But space wise I think it could get a bit crowded wit the larger filter box and the ductng to the snorkel

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:21 am

steelepathy wrote:Sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic. Wouldn't be using it for any water crossing but mainly for dust mud off road and snow during the the winter. Last few years we have had alot of snow here and a few of us who ski take the 4x4s back country to get some snowboarding/skiing in. Usually you are driving through a mud bath and deep snow to get there. I do alot of mountain biking too and most of that is uplifts off road so im making the path a bit of a project to kitting it out so I can take it off road no worries but still use it on a daily basis driving on roads.
What do you consider deep snow? If I were in your shoes, I might go for a CAI if anything. Nothing that you mentioned warrants a snorkel, so I'm also a bit curious as to why you think it will help you?

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”