Brake Pads Problem

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Raymond

Brake Pads Problem

Postby Raymond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:38 pm

I just replaced the front brake pads on my 2008 Pathfinder SE 2WD (45,000+ miles). I had a hard time removing the inside part of the brake pads (factory installed) both on the driver and the passenger sides. I easily removed the brake pads on the outside. I used Duralast Gold CMax break pads and I could not slide it in and have to use hammer just to put it in place. Does anyone ever had the same problem? Any thoughts on what could be wrong or is it normal?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 pm

I often see this on poorly made aftermarket brake pads. The pads fit snug, but shouldn't need to be hammered in! I've had aftermarket brake pads that I've had to file down some in order to get them to fit properly. I haven't used Autozone pads, so I can't comment on their quality. Personally, I go with Akebono ACT Ceramic pads as Akebono is an OEM supplier of brakes to Nissan (Hitachi actually makes the pads on the R51). The Akebono's aren't cheap (which I get from Rockauto.com), but they are much less expensive than the genuine Nissan pads and they provide new hardware. Also very good are Raybestos Professional Series and Professional Series Advanced Technology brake pads. Also, make sure the slides and shims are lubricated with the proper type grease. Nissan uses a copper impregnated grease, which some refer to as "copper slip."

not on the rug

pads

Postby not on the rug » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:35 am

I went with ebc greenstuff pads and had no issues with the fit

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”