DUNLOP FIERCE ATTITUDE M/T TIRES

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

sbm806

DUNLOP FIERCE ATTITUDE M/T TIRES

Postby sbm806 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm

I am looking at the Dunlop Fierce attitude M/t tires to get the Offroad look for my truck. I am looking at the 265/70/17.....I'm going with this size because I really dont want to do any fender trimming or have any rubbing issues. I am going to invest in the PRG 2" mini lift kit ....But I'm not sure if that means I can fit a bigger tire or not. Anyone have any feedback on if I can fit anything bigger without having to do a ton of work on clearance....and if I went with a bigger tire how much that would throw my speed off.

ALSO BIG QUESTION: If anyone is riding this tire as of now can you give me feed back on the ride...how does it ride on street and highway? I would mainly be using them for that....again I really want that bulky off road look but don't want a really bumpy and uncomfortable or very loud ride.

Thank you!

RCAR50

Postby RCAR50 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:58 pm

I might be able help here....sorta.

I am running Dunlop Fierce Instinct tires on my other car. I know they are not the exact same your lookin at but similar.

I am running 225 45 17s and am pretty happy with them. These are performance tires and they are quite grippy even in the rain. I have had them for around 7 month and do a lot of driving. Tread wear seems to be very good as I can't see much evidence of wear at this point.
I believe I remember them making a bit of noise at first until they settled in some. but nothing too bad. That may be different with a more aggressive tread of a truck tire.

Overall I am happy with these and would not hesitate to buy the set your looking at.
Hopefully someone has them and can give you a review on the exact tires your posting about but if not then I hope this helps some.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Fierce Attitude

Fierce instinct zr

Not even close to the same tire, would also have different compound for a street and an m/t tire.

The question was would they fit with the 2" kit.
I currently have 285/75/16 with is about 33" with a 2" suspension lift. I am pretty sure they will fit without any modifications. if someone wants to correct me on this let me know.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 am

mt's tend to make a loud humming noise. my dynapro mt's are noticeable. these seem to have more of a gap between the lugs so they might be louder. but if they are heavy like mine, you will see a drop in mileage. when i first switched i was getting 15-17 mpg highway. mt's also arent that great in snow and rain. in light rain i can break mine loose easily.

RCAR50

Postby RCAR50 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Ya, I knew they were very different. I was simply saying I am happy with the brand of tire. I thought it might be helpful because I was a bit hesitant about the model when I purchased these, but have been satisfied with the Dunlops.

sbm806

Postby sbm806 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:38 pm

DiBo what size is that fierce tire u posted...you know?

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Not sure, looks like a 35" on 17" wheel to me

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:00 am

Have you thought about the Goodyear duratracs? They are still considered an AT but are very aggressive. Lots of good reviews.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”