Advance Wearever Platinum Ceramic Brake Pads (Front & Re

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

porksoda

Advance Wearever Platinum Ceramic Brake Pads (Front & Re

Postby porksoda » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:43 pm

I purchased the Golds the other day but I decided to return them to get the Wearever Platinum Ceramic pads. I did a bit of research and for the $6 more each set I might as well spend the extra $12 total for the better pads. Here are some pictures of them that I took.
I am gonna try to install them in a few days if the weather gets any better.
Thanks for looking!

Front:

Front & Rear:

With Flash:

lonatic

Postby lonatic » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:19 am

I just bought a set for the rear, platinum...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:32 am

They aren't too bad. I've installed them on a few vehicles. I did put a set on a Toyota Sequoia and I didn't care for those as it seemed to take an awfully long time to stop. Personally, I prefer the Akebono Pro ACT ceramics which I got from Rockauto.com. Akebono is an OE supplier of brakes to Nissan.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 am

smj999smj wrote: Personally, I prefer the Akebono Pro ACT ceramics which I got from Rockauto.com. Akebono is an OE supplier of brakes to Nissan.
It's funny because I've used the Akebono for the last two brake swaps, and the most recent set is performing quite different. Not sure if they reformulated the pads or what. The first set lasted 45k miles and performed great. The OEM rotors had no vibration at all, but I decided to swap them out at 90k miles with the new pads. I used Wagner Premium rotors. Within 20k miles they started vibrating lightly during any moderate braking and the fade is really bad during hard braking. The upside is that I'm now at 45k miles and the pads don't look like they've worn at all. Almost seems like they increased the hardness of the pad.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:16 am

Eh ... I ordered new Warner pads for my Eclipse about 4 months ago from Amazon. As soon as I pulled out my old pads, it was clear that the pads I received were not the right ones. I ended up getting these Wearever Platinum ceramic pads at my local Advance Auto parts store. It was fine the first few months, but now it has developed a very annoying squeal. I'm going to try to remedy it this weekend with some CRC Disc Brake Quiet.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:44 am

You're supposed to use copper-impregnated grease, aka "copper-slip," on the ends of the pads where they contact the slides, and on the back of the pad, on the shims.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:06 pm

I haven't got a chance to reply back on this, but I'll let you know my review after almost 1 year with these.

Overall these brake pads seem to be built pretty well. These brake pads are very quiet. They make little to no noise.
My main problem with these brake pads are that they are the dirtiest brake pads I have ever used. They leave so much brake dust on my wheels. I work so hard cleaning my OEM OffRoad Alloy wheels and one week later they are just caked with dark brake dust.

I personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are just too messy.

I want to replace them with something different but I hate to waste the money I spent on these originally. I'll probably just keep on for a while to get my moneys worth.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks for the info
Im planning on replacing my duralast gold pads after 3 years
im thinking of going the same route with duralasts just because they were quiet and no brake dust really just after 3 years they got noisey.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”