abs, vdc off and slip on...

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

HydroPonix

abs, vdc off and slip on...

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am

hey guys,

I drove home from work last night, nothing out of the ordinary, parked my car and went inside.... k bear with me here. get back in my car a few hours later, start it up and my ABS, vdc off and slip lights stayed on. I cant switch into 4x4 high or low and I have no ABS when I hit my brakes. when I slide on ice I get no response from my abs. I checked my brake fluid, its full and I have'nt been driving my pf hard. what can I expect from this? fuse? I read that it could be a harness, or an abs sensor, or my steering alignment is out of whack. I am not really looking forward to my repair bill is all...

any ideas or solutions?
:cry:

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 am

btw, i saw this thread

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... sc&start=0

on here but if any one has any input please feel free

2005 SE offroad 123460 mi when it first came on.....

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 am

HydroPonix wrote:btw, i saw this thread

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... sc&start=0

on here but if any one has any input please feel free

2005 SE offroad 123460 mi when it first came on.....
Those issues went away for me. I haven't had the lights mysteriously come on in a couple years. I've been running mine in nothing but 2 wheel mode unless I specifically need 4x4. And then I learned the hard way you have to have VDC off or you get all sorts of interesting sounds. When I ran normally in 4x4 auto is the only time I would get the lights coming on for no reason.

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I appreciate your reply. the damn lights came on for 3 days or so... then mysteriously turned off....... then for about a week I was good. then it came back on for a day or so and turned off on their own. just yesterday I was in 4x4 going through some serious snow and they turned on while I was driving. they have not gone away yet. I was able to disengage 4x4 but once again it wont re engage.I dont know what to take of this... I may be thinking... and this might be a stretch but it all started happening after I changed my battery. I noticed that the black fuse box that goes directly on the positive terminal looks a bit worn and has some water vapor in one of the fuses. ill take it in when I go home and follow up.

keep posting if anyone has any ideas please.[/code]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:15 am

You need to get the ABS codes read. You'll need to take it to a dealer or independant shop that has a scantool capable of reading Nissan ABS codes.

HydroPonix

just saw this...

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 pm

I thought id try it out see if it works...

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8587

HydroPonix

ran abs codes

Postby HydroPonix » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 pm

hey guys,

just a little update, I ran my pf's codes and it popped up that my rear left abs sensor is bad and needs to be replaced, that's what seems to be it, hopefully that's the only problem...

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:01 am

8) Hope that's it. Good luck. Keep us posted.

HydroPonix

Final verdict, $hit!

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:47 am

So the nissan dealership looked at my car.

abs sensor is good.... wiring harness is toast. best part someone has already done some wire work on it... temporary fix type deal. this was done well before it was my car, so now what has to be done and what many have gone through:

they need to lift the frame of the car a few inches to get at the harness, it runs from front passenger to rear driver ( its severed in the middle somewhere) and replace it with a new one he said probably straight from Japan, yipee! what is this going to cost? oh about 700 to 800 bucks :shock:

turns out my evap is on the fritz as well... When will it end!??

well i hope that no one else has to go through this, its insane to say the least. i hope that if anyone does happen to run into this issue this thread helps.

-hydro

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:45 am

You have to wonder if there was accident damage or something. Scary buying a used rig sometimes....you just never know what people have done!

Phillay2291

Postby Phillay2291 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 pm

hey does some one have an abs wiring schematic i had the same lights on problem and the shop looked at it the right wheel sensor came up when they scanned it but when they tested the sensor it was good its a wiring or abs modual problem does this sound right to any one and if so does some one have a schematic?????? PLEASE ITS BEEN ON fOR 2 WEEKS NO 4x4!!!!

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:57 pm

this is different from what the dealership showed me but from what i am reading its the same just a different angle.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa36 ... sensor.png

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”