calsonic-kansei NA radiator part# 21460ZL11a

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

ROLLWILLIAM

calsonic-kansei NA radiator part# 21460ZL11a

Postby ROLLWILLIAM » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:12 am

What is the history on this particular part number in my 2010 Frontier.I don't like the bypass idea as engine coolant is more effective at lowering trans temp as well as warming up trans temp.I live in Vermont and we have had alot of -20f temps this winter.The truck has 46k and is covered but who wants to be on the side of the road!? I know the new # is 214609CA0E $667.82,found an aftermarket for $235.Have been an Audi tech for 35 years and have seen some real aftermarket crap! So any recommendations,know a good aftermarket rad out there? Are my failure odds with this particular radiator low enough to sit tight! I see in forum there is only 1 know 2010 model year failure. Thank you :?:

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:03 pm

The 2005-2010 radiators are vulnerable to the problem. The vast majority have been seen in the first three years and only recently have we started seeing a few 09-10 models with problems. Of course, a lot of those failures occurred after 80000 miles and many more after 100000 miles, so we really won't know until some time passes how prone the later models are of that run.
I got my radiator from Ebay by a seller called "Parts Express." At the time, it was $92 shipped, but a few months later it dropped to $74. It was made in China, but it appeared well built and the fit was perfect. Going on two years and no problems, so far.
A lot of people go with Spectra Premium. The company is based out of Canada but the radiator may not necessarily be made there; some come from China. Still, I haven't heard of any problems, so far. You can find them for just over $100 online. Here's one on Ebay going for $118 w/ free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectra-CU2807- ... dd&vxp=mtr

1stAAANissanParts.com has the genuine Nissan radiator for $480+shipping. Since it was Calsonic that made the original "failed" radiator, to me it was a safer bet to go with an aftermarket. Besides, the genuine Nissan radiator is just too overpriced.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”