Central Tire Pressure Sensor

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

saopm

Central Tire Pressure Sensor

Postby saopm » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 am

Where is the Central Tire Pressure Sensor on the 2008 Pathfinder? I need to see if it is unplugged or if I need to replace it. I’ve had all tire sensors checked and they register fine with the test equipment, so the problem seems to be on the other end. Also all tires on the display ready ***. Photos would be greatly appreciated since I have no idea where the Central Sensor is or what it looks like.

-Tim

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:14 am

Maybe they need reprograming have you made sure of that ?

saopm

Postby saopm » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:24 am

Yes, I had all four tire sensors checked out and they are transmitting. The problem is that the signal is not being picked up by the receiver in the car. If possible I would like to physically check it, but first I need to know where it is and what it looks like.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:53 pm

There is no central tire sensor. You have four individual tire sensors and the remote keyless entry receiver, which reads the signal from each of the TPMS sensors and relays the information to the BCM (body control module), which controls the TPMS warning lamp. A reading of "***" means usually means the TPMS sensors are not properly registered. This involves using a trigger tool and a scantool capable of accessing the BCM. The old sensors must be erased and then the ID registration process can begin. If any of the sensors are not transmitting (and I have seen this occur on new sensors), the ID registration process will not complete.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 am

Probably have to get the dealer to reprogram them. I had some TPM sensors replaced by Firestone and they couldn't get them to read. Had to take it to the dealer to reprogram.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:54 am

Many tire shops and independents can do this. I did my own using a Kent-Moore trigger tool and an X431 scan tool.

saopm

Postby saopm » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 pm

smj999smj wrote:There is no central tire sensor. You have four individual tire sensors and the remote keyless entry receiver, which reads the signal from each of the TPMS sensors and relays the information to the BCM (body control module), which controls the TPMS warning lamp. A reading of "***" means usually means the TPMS sensors are not properly registered. This involves using a trigger tool and a scantool capable of accessing the BCM. The old sensors must be erased and then the ID registration process can begin. If any of the sensors are not transmitting (and I have seen this occur on new sensors), the ID registration process will not complete.
It all started with a bad tire sensor of which I had the dealer replace at about 200+ bucks. About a month later the light came on again and it seems I lost another sensor. Time goes buy and I had the battery replaced at Sears. While I was there I had them rescan the sensors. They said all are working correctly and the problem was on the receiving end in the car since the car was not accepting the sensor codes. I may have to try the dealer again, but as fun as that sounds I may just live with the light on.

Return to “R51 General Chat”