Heating Problem

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

captgaryp

Heating Problem

Postby captgaryp » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 am

I have a 2012 Pathfinder, the problem I have is after about 10-15 minutes the heat turns to cold air. The engine temp stays the same but the air turns cold. This happens even if I am on the hwy. The fluid levels are fine and I am not losing any fluids. Any suggestions

aadadams

Re: Heating Problem

Postby aadadams » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 am

captgaryp wrote:I have a 2012 Pathfinder, the problem I have is after about 10-15 minutes the heat turns to cold air. The engine temp stays the same but the air turns cold. This happens even if I am on the hwy. The fluid levels are fine and I am not losing any fluids. Any suggestions
The AC/Heat in this truck has driven me nuts from day one. I've paid Nissan over a thousand dollars chasing this dragon... For instance, earlier this year one side would only blow cold air no matter what I set it on. Now, I have cold air coming out of one side and hot air coming out of the other with the temp set to 70 for both or when set to 70 driver and 70 passenger (dual). When set to floor, I get a steady flow of air through the vents. I get cold air when I want heat occasionally too... /vent

I really posted to vent and to be clued in on feedback you receive...

I have to say though from your description, it sounds like you have air in your system.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Heating Problem

Postby eieio » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:07 am

aadadams wrote:I have to say though from your description, it sounds like you have air in your system.
agreed, if you haven't purged the air from your cooling system, that would be the recommendation
a forum search here will provide the procedure for burping the system

Return to “R51 General Chat”