Looking to purchase and seeking advice please

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

passnu2

Looking to purchase and seeking advice please

Postby passnu2 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Currently have a Honda Odyssey, newer gen, and I can't say anything negative about it. We purchased new with the addition of twins. As great as this is on long trips we hardly use it. Too many things going on so we have a car that we use for 90% of the driving. Neither of us "enjoy" driving the mini can but it does serve its purpose.

So this is my only car with a note on it and I hate to see money being tossed on something that sits. Searching around I found a few used Pathfinders but the pricing seems to be all over the place and much higher then what I feel would be a fair deal. But since I have no knowledge of these I seek your advice on what to examine and look for.

My initial fear is reading about the radiator & trans issues. I just went thru similar stuff with my BMW once it was over 100k miles. Not looking to repeat this process again.

The car I plan to see this weekend is an 06 with only 45k miles on it. Its an S and 2wd. I have tried to figure out how to obtain past service records but i have had no luck so far. It wont let me register unless I can provide proof of ownership on the owner link web site. Basically just need it to haul the family in maybe once a month. No towing and any special use. I just need something to seat 7 and also have some cargo space behind the 3rd row and many don't seem to offer this once the 3rd row is in use.

Thanks in advance for your time & help:)

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 am

Hard to Fack up a Pathy in 45k miles, regular oil changes and you're probably good. Have a mech look at it to address the tranny but you'd still be under the extended 80k from Nissan. Have him look at the cats and chain tensioner, 90k on mine, bought it new and no complaints. I did do a cooler bypass though, and use full synthetics.

passnu2

Postby passnu2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:49 am

Thank you for the reply.

passnu2

Postby passnu2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:52 am

is there anyway to find history, assuming it was done at the dealer? Nothing is reported on CarFax or AutoCheck.

Even my Odyssey shows nothing on CarFax and all service was done at Honda?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:56 am

I have walked into dealers before with a VIN and they've provided maintenance records. Not printed and no names or anything shared...but they can pull up to see if it was serviced. Of course that doesn't help if the prior owner did the service themselves or didn't use a dealer, but it should cover any warranty work at the very least.

Return to “R51 General Chat”