cabin air circulation

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

KPath05

cabin air circulation

Postby KPath05 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Anybody know how to check or fix this? I still get outside air flowing into the cabin when I have my a/c cabin air circulation button on. I've driven by areas where they are paving the road or have had diesel trucks in front of me and it's like I have my windows open when I obviously don't. Maybe a seal is bad somewhere? Thanks in advance.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Listen for door movement under your dash when you turn recirculation on and off. It should sound like a little motor moving and then the door making contact. If you hear that, I'm willing to bet your issue is more with poor seals everywhere else (doors, sunroof, rear hatch, etc). The Pathfinder is one of the more leaky cars; whatever smells are outside are inside.

KPath05

Postby KPath05 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:34 am

No motor or door sound when I push the button. Where is the motor located so I can take a closer look/listen and replace if necessary? Is it fairly easy to get to?

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Sorry, I made a mistake... no motor sound, only the sound of the flap closing.

With the engine off, turn the fan on. When you turn recirculation on and off, you should hear two things: a change in air flow intensity and a flap closing/seating behind/under the glove box. The flap is vacuum operated and pretty quiet so you may only hear it seating when you turn recirc off. I can hear mine when I lean over and put my head near the lower glove box.

Do you have the manual or the automatic climate control?

KPath05

Postby KPath05 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks for your help with this DanJetta. No flap closing sound or change in air flow intensity either. In other cars that I've had it's a pretty noticeable suction sound when that opens and closes. Is there a fairly easy way to get a closer look at this without ripping the dash totally apart? Maybe just removing the glove box or is it located somewhere else? I looked through the maintenance and service manuals too and couldn't find anything on this unless I missed it somewhere. I have the automatic climate control.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Yeah, sounds like something's not right in there. Let me take a look at mine tomorrow and report back. I'm pretty sure you access it from under the dash (without having to tear the dash apart). Stand by...

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 am

Okay, so I haven't had a chance to dig into my dash but I'm told you access everything through the floor and the glove box area. You might need to remove the glove box assembly (the whole glove box, not just the door), which, I hear, is not all that difficult.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Return to “R51 General Chat”