VDC

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

VDC

Postby me&pathy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:09 pm

i was surprised to see it actually does something, on sunday i was going around a round about and i have no clue what was on the road but as i was turning in to go around the truck plowed forward classic case of really bad under steer i cut of the throttle and there was some really loud thumping from the brakes and all was well :D and i was on my way again. I think i need new tires

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:26 pm

I've had the VDC kick in a couple of times, best one was when I when I was taking load of geologists to a new job site. I came up on an ice and mud 90 degree corner fairly fast so rather than try to stop I powered through the corner with some quick use of both the brake and gas pedals. The VDC kicked in which helped control the truck, but the noise to any not used to it sounds like the brakes are getting torn up. Lol, I think I still have geologist fingerprints embedded into various grab holds in the truck. :lol:

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:25 am

Has anyone had a problem when they turn off the VDC that it still engauges alittle? I found that problem during the winter when i wanted to have alittle fun, turned off the VDC and it was still kicking in.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Greybrick wrote:I've had the VDC kick in a couple of times, best one was when I when I was taking load of geologists to a new job site. I came up on an ice and mud 90 degree corner fairly fast so rather than try to stop I powered through the corner with some quick use of both the brake and gas pedals. The VDC kicked in which helped control the truck, but the noise to any not used to it sounds like the brakes are getting torn up. Lol, I think I still have geologist fingerprints embedded into various grab holds in the truck. :lol:

my pathfinder is a 2x4, so any way one day i was out sloshing around in the middle of this orchard lost, i had my dad my mom and some of my dad co worker's and while any way i didn't want to get stuck so i kept the throttle all the way down and the entire time the slip light is on,. I had every one holding on for deer life, while i found the road and slid across it and into some farmer's broccoli field. it was really amusing even then the vdc helped out allot. my truck only has 32 thousand mile on it but it need's new tires and brakes :lol:

00void

Postby 00void » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:02 am

i keep mine off all the time except when it's wet. i found it to be ultra sensitive in that the slightest slip/break in traction triggers it bogging acceleration.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 am

00void wrote:i keep mine off all the time except when it's wet. i found it to be ultra sensitive in that the slightest slip/break in traction triggers it bogging acceleration.

brave, id put myn in a hedge if turned it off :D

00void

Postby 00void » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:49 am

me&pathy wrote:
00void wrote:i keep mine off all the time except when it's wet. i found it to be ultra sensitive in that the slightest slip/break in traction triggers it bogging acceleration.

brave, id put myn in a hedge if turned it off :D
i take it easy around the twisties but from a stop light its best when it's off.

idk... i've had posi + negative experiences with it on. it can be a burden exiting my work parking lot with all the traffic and you've got to take a chance if you ever want to leave. that said, you sometime have to gun it while turning into the lane. with the VDC on i've had a few experiences where it will bog and the person's right up your ass, so i leave it off and haven't had a problem since.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:42 pm

my tire's are really bald so i leave it on when i first got the pathy id leave it off. nothing like mashing the throttle next to a x5 getting on to the free way :lol:

00void

Postby 00void » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 am

me&pathy wrote:my tire's are really bald so i leave it on when i first got the pathy id leave it off. nothing like mashing the throttle next to a x5 getting on to the free way :lol:
those V8 X5's are fast! i 'raced' a 1st Gen and totally kept up, but couldn't pass him before a merge. he did have a 1.5 car length start though. i think if we started evenly, i would have had the advantage.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am

an x5's handling dynamic's are great but the pathfinder has so much more pulling force than the v6 and v8.

dunsho

Postby dunsho » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:36 am

my VDC and Slip lights was on when i started the car to take the dog to the park. i tried pressing the button but it didn't do notthing. after the park, started the truck again and the slip light was off but VDC was still on, went off by itself after a few minutes. have bout 2k miles, should i take it back to the dealer? really don't have time.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:42 am

dunsho wrote:my VDC and Slip lights was on when i started the car to take the dog to the park. i tried pressing the button but it didn't do notthing. after the park, started the truck again and the slip light was off but VDC was still on, went off by itself after a few minutes. have bout 2k miles, should i take it back to the dealer? really don't have time.
When I disconnected the battery to install my Nav system the same thing happened... It went off after a few minutes of driving???... I guess it's normal?........... Triffid

2008PatherfinderS

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:33 pm

My VCD and slip light come on once in a blue moon sometiems when I start the car. If I drive a few miles, shut it down and restart, the slip light will go out, then I can turn off the VCD light with the button.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Same here, mine also goes on once in a while, maybe once a month, and stays on. However, mine stays on until I turn off my engine. It never goes out while I'm driving. Sometimes I pull over, turn off the engine, wait about 15sec, and then it resets.

Hmmm ... appears to be a common problem. I have the V8 4x4.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:35 pm

The service tech told me that when the slip light stays on or the vdc light comes on periodically there is a programing problem and that this was very common for 05 to 07 pathfinder's. and i cant recall but i think it was a edmunds review on the pathfinder where the vdc would cut in way to early and then at other time's it wouldn't do anything. I have had to have the vdc updated because my light came on and never went out so i would take it in to have them look at it.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”