Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

snow removal blade on 05 PF

Postby disallow » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:35 am

Hey all,

What's everyones thoughts on something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/5bkpmb

Would the tranny tolerate this type of load? We are looking at a place in the country with a fairly long driveway, this would be great, especially since we are in Manitoba where winter is over half the year! :)

I have done snow clearing with a truck before, it was a GM Sierra.

t

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:11 pm

I would say it depends on how often you use it. It's 225lb's sitting on the front end when installed so I would imagine your springs would sag a bit if they weren't upgraded.

I'm not sure of your exact situation but it looks like the smallest size blade plus the mounts will cost you $2k USD w/o tax and free shipping. Since you've plowed before I won't go into specifics but if you set up the blade to provide the least amount of resistance and used it at low speeds in 1st or 2nd in 4wd I think the Pathy would hold up just fine for the occasional plowing. Certainly cheaper to plow your own drive than have a service.

Not sure how things are up in your neck of the woods but around here I could find a pickup with a plow for $2.5k or less. If you have that opportunity I'd push for that route as plow vehicles take a beating. Just keep it on the property and don't license or insure it. Of course if that's legal in your area that is. :) Save the wear and tear on the pathy.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”