Tire time and brake's + rims

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

Tire time and brake's + rims

Postby me&pathy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 am

so im at 32,000 miles and i need new tire's. I need something that can handle moderate high speed use. My truck does mainly on road use and it takes me into southern california 1-2 times a month. so i really need a street tire and i am still not sure about how to read tire spec's.

my second question is brakes. The stock brake's were good but they really couldn't handle the stress of the way i drive :D so i was thinking about upgrading the brakes to these ap brakes http://www.stillen.com/newproducts.asp?id=43

so then if i do the brakes ill have to get bigger rim's because the se rims that are on it are to small. so would an 18 be good or would a 20 be good? i dont want it to pull all over the road and i want my pathfinder to charge the grape vine with ease like it always has.

thanks for any help

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 am

You might want to check if the 09V8 PF's come with a larger front brake, if so they would be a direct bolt in replacement for the V6 PF's at about 1/10 the cost of the Stillen AP's. I've noticed that the V8's only come with 18" wheels probably to accomodate larger factory or aftermarket brakes. The 08V8 front brakes are a different part number than the V6's but I don't know if there is a difference in size. Also the Frontier Nismo may have come with upgraded front brakes.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Greybrick wrote:You might want to check if the 08V8 PF's came with a larger front brake, if so they would be a direct bolt in replacement for the V6 PF's at about 1/10 the cost of the Stillen AP's. I've noticed that the V8's only come with 18" wheels probably to accomodate larger factory or aftermarket brakes.

i was thinking about just getting the 18 off of an 08 le

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”