climate control fan

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Npath

climate control fan

Postby Npath » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Has anyone had a problem with their climate control fan? Recently, at mid to low speed, it sounds like a cricket took up residence. After a while, say 10 minutes, it goes away. It'll come back after turning it off for a short while.

Would Nissan fix this problem without charge, since it's still under warranty?

jorgecar

Re: climate control fan

Postby jorgecar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Npath wrote:Has anyone had a problem with their climate control fan? Recently, at mid to low speed, it sounds like a cricket took up residence. After a while, say 10 minutes, it goes away. It'll come back after turning it off for a short while.

Very interested on this subject also, mine just developed the same symptoms a week ago!
I hate it, was thinking of taking it to the stealership next week...I'd say it should be covered!

SilverGhost

Re: climate control fan

Postby SilverGhost » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:54 am

Npath wrote:Has anyone had a problem with their climate control fan? Recently, at mid to low speed, it sounds like a cricket took up residence. After a while, say 10 minutes, it goes away. It'll come back after turning it off for a short while.

I don't have the chirp, but rather a rattle or flutter. It usually goes away after a few minutes. I was gonna have my dealer check it out, but it's been silent for about a month. Definitely a warranty repair if and when it starts again.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:03 am

Here's something to check. Pull out the 2 air filters, turn on the blower & see if there are still noises. When I first replaced my filters, I had a hell of a time getting them to seat correctly. Seems like there was always a gap somewhere (piss-poor design overall) for air to flutter/flap the filter.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 pm

my problem with it is that it doesn't work. the rear air is just fine but the front no.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:44 pm

I know its been a while on this topic, but has anyone had any luck figuring out the issue with the "cricket" noise appearing and disappearing?

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Had the flutter and the cricket

- Flutter is the airvents changing direction on startup ie face - > feet (normally as the morning is cold), simple regrease done by dealership, keeps it quiet...for a while
- "Cricket" / Whistle loose fan mounting seems to go away after a while as it "stabilises" almost, I just chucked in some rubber by the mounting and secured it more.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:35 pm

I took mine to dealership. Same one I bought the car from last week (just a note: I told them of the problem the day I bought it and they thought it was a belt which they replaced). They now diagnosed it as a bad blower motor and said it would be upwards of $400 to replace it. I then reminded them that 1) I just bought the car last week and that it would be a great gesture to replace it at no cost and I actually believe they will and 2) The part costs about $100 give or take and can easily be replaced by me.

Anywho, we'll see what happens and if replacing the Blower Motor helps.

Tele4Mongo

Postby Tele4Mongo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Check the blower motor. Fans can make all sorts of noise. First clean the blades if they are dirty before replacing.

If I'm correct, please don't send me a packaged gift in the mail.

tele4mongo

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”