Superchips Cortex Programmer

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ralphwiggums

Superchips Cortex Programmer

Postby ralphwiggums » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Have any of you tried Superchips Cortex Programmer yet?

http://www.superchips.com/products.php? ... er+4.0L+V6

comments? reviews? dyno #'s?

thejean

Postby thejean » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Not yet but I am subscribing because I am keen to see if anyone else has. JC

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:56 am

If you are interested in interested in performance upgrades for your Pathfinder engine you might enjoy the website link below.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f11/

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Wide open throttle restriction removal? why would it need that if it has a rev limiter?

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:37 pm

well...i went ahead and ordered one anyways today to try out.

supposedly I'll get $128 back from Microsoft for buying it through eBay (using Microsoft Live Search)...which will bring the price to $300 and change.

next step would be to drop on the Stillen supercharger .... I see the price has dropped to $3995 with free shipping!

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:35 pm

got my Cortex @ the office this AM and went out to try it out. It's very plug and play - just follow the on-screen instructions. You start the tuning part and the programmer reads the ECU data. It's VERY slow (maybe it's got lots to read...) and took about 1/2 hr to go through.
Of course, after it was all read I get the message.... 'Key Read occured...Calibration not currently supported and data being sent to engineers...'

oh well, guess I'll have to now wait with everyone else for their engineers to look over the data.

The only thing I can't figure out is how Superchips references my reader with my login account. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a step that associates my data that I uploaded (because you do it through their little desktop utility) and my Superchips account (that you setup to download the desktop utility). Wierd.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Well, keep us posted.

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 pm

well, I have to say that Superchips is very very helpful in the Customer Service field. I called the other day to enquire about the data file the unit uploaded and received a reply almost right away. It took them about a day or and I got a call this AM from one of their reps. Worked with him and within 2hrs, I had a working update to my programmer.

I usually only put 87octane in, so I tuned the truck with that setting and will try it out on my drive from Seattle to Vancouver (too much bacon on the I5 to really punch it....) this afternoon. Next week I'll fill up with higher octane and see if that makes a difference....

wish I had access to a dyno to see what the actual numbers are (vs. seat-of-the-pants dyno).

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”