Aluminum bush bumpers

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Aluminum bush bumpers

Postby Gray » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 pm

I spoke with Lane Wright, owner of Denver Off Road products about availablity of an aluminum brush bumper. Lane said he's been using 6061 T6 aluminum to custom build the bumpers and could likely build a PF/Frontier bumper out of 7/16" material which would be aproximately 30% stronger than 1/4" steel with about a 30% weight saving over similar ARB or Schrockworks steel bumpers. I've seen good recommendations for DOR products on other forums, and the price seemed fairly reasonable for a hand crafted bumper.

http://denver-offroad.com/index.html

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:53 pm

A whopping 4 sentences on their home page, all of which contain the word bumper, yet the last sentence has it as bumber. Obviously a bunch of shop guys :lol:

What price did they give you? I'm still waiting for those titanium skids myself.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 pm

NVSteve wrote:A whopping 4 sentences on their home page, all of which contain the word bumper, yet the last sentence has it as bumber. Obviously a bunch of shop guys :lol:

What price did they give you? I'm still waiting for those titanium skids myself.

Price quoted for an uplifted style bumper such as on the white Dodge, third box down on the left in the photo section is $1600, I've got no problem with hands on designers and craftsmen if the right company can be found. One of the problems that I see with ARB, Shrocks and other similar designs is that they sit about 8 inches above the frame ends and existing bumper, so while they may look cool might not have a lot of real strength and I've never seen speed hit tests posted for those.

Titanium skid plates is diy measure what you need, order the right sized precut pieces, do some bending and drill the holes, bolt it on and save some weight. Some junk yard stainless or aluminum might do as well at 5% of the cost though. :)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”