Potential R51 upgrades and mods

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

markspath

Potential R51 upgrades and mods

Postby markspath » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:59 pm

So I stumbled across this thread on the NORA Website from a guy who put PIAA horns in his Xterra, thinking it would help solve rdog's problem.

This head me to explore the www.4x4parts.com website where I discovered (for me) a variety of new potential upgrades for the R51 Nissan Pathfinder. Things sort of spiraled from there. Since I was going to note these down for future use, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and post the info here. In other news, I'm seriously thinking of buying a late-90's Jeep Cherokee (XJ), which might put a damper on future Pathfinder mods. I am way over my projected lease mileage on the Pathfinder and need to cut down on its use. Furthermore, any additional mods would be much more difficult to remove if I decide to turn-in the Pathfinder instead of buy it out. And given resale values for SUV's, buying-out the truck at lease-end might not make sense.

I also am sharing the Pathy with my older son, who wrecked his car and hasn't saved up for a new one yet, and my younger boy recently got his permit, so scheduling is another big concern. It turns out that in the price range I'm looking, a 95-99 XJ with about 140k miles, abs and airbags is about the best option available.

That doesn't mean I'll stop dreaming about beefing-up my R51. We'll have to see how it works out.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”