Finally finished the new grill.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 am

macbell7 wrote:Hey G35TR I wanna see some more pics of those tires. I'm looking into those wranglers or some bf goodrich ats , what size did you get ?

edit: Ok I found original post when you got the tires. still got any more pics?
Thanks. As soon as I can get out somewhere to get some good pics, I'll take some and post them up. Just haven't had time lately.

markspath

Postby markspath » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:03 pm

G35TR wrote:One thing that I considered doing before taking it all apart which may work well, is using a hot glue gun to glue the pieces in place at the corners.
I don't think that hot glue is the kind of stuff you want to use in front of a hot, vibrating engine. But Mike's epoxy idea might work out.

I wonder if you can just cut the mesh to fit on top of the existing grill, sort of like the aftermarket billet grill kits work. This way, if you ever wanted to revert you'd still have the stock grillwork behind the mod.

In any event, I checked all our telecom closets today and no surplus racks with perforated doors. I did find one Dell rack with perforated doors that might get freed-up soon. It's already a dark grey -- almost black -- but it has a vertical crease up the middle, for rigidity I guess, but that might not be a bad effect. It also comes with a pre-installed logo plate, though people will wonder when Dell started manufacturing SUV's. :lol:

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:47 am

That looks awesome...it almost makes go back to my old job and get their old server rack. Just before I graduated from college I had this job as administrator in the computer lab and we were always getting rid of stuff like this and never did I thought I would one day need what I used to throw out. It truth what they say "one mans trash is one mans treasure"

Great Job G35TR! 8)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”