need some help before i go to the stealership

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

patty

need some help before i go to the stealership

Postby patty » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:32 pm

hello all, i'm new to the forum so please be gentle. i got an 05 LE with a few problems, i've researched and couldnt find anything. First off i got this annoying rattling from the bottom whenever i hit a small pothhole or any bump i also hear it when i slam the door. Second and most important whenever i go over 60 i get this humming and loud vibration, as i go faster it gets louder and unbareable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 pm

Not quite sure bout the first one, but the humming sounds like a common problem if its comin from the engine..You could read up on other posts on this forum with ppl havin similar issues. Its mostly got to do with the cam tensioner and there is a service bulletin out. It should be taken care of if you've still got your warranty.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Hey Patty the vibration could be anything from wheel balance to a bad drive shaft. The rattle could be just about anything, alot of folks get them due to the hood adjustment bumpstops, it might be worth a look since it's a quick easy fix. I don't slam my doors (don't need to, I can push them to full lock with a single finger if it closes too lightly) they really don't need to much pressure to go full lock (all 5). Is it 1, 4, or 5 doors doing this?

patty

Postby patty » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 am

hey guys thanks for the info, I was aware it might be the drive shaft. As for the rattling, I tried to eliminate where it was coming from and it sounds like the muffler, I also lubricate the hood bump stops since i read about someone having the same problem. Anyway sounds like a dealership job, time to go get ripped off lol. thanks again.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”