Matt color for your path ?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cane

Matt color for your path ?

Postby cane » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:27 am

I've seen some matt black pathfinders here in the uae - after some research I found they use this company called www.foilacar.com - it pretty much allows you to have any color you like & protects also.
Has anyone here done anything extreme like this for their path ?

Not sure I like the purple armarda but matt black looks pretty cool...

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:36 am

that matte black actually looks freekin sweet.
i love the bentley and the aston martin in matte black.

i think the only downside would be cost. that can't be cheap!

~mike

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:00 pm

yeah...i have always like the look of matte black or gray. esp if you can get a good set of rims to set it off.

Npath

Postby Npath » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:53 pm

guinnessjim wrote:yeah...i have always like the look of matte black or gray. esp if you can get a good set of rims to set it off.
Matte black is cool. Hey! Didn't the movie Robocop have Matte black cop cars?

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Pretty easy , mask and scuff the paint and spray it with a matte clear coat ...

I love the look of it , but not to crazy about it being so popular ... I dont think I would redo a nice paint job in matte , but repainting an old paintjob is cool .... My GPW is Flat Black ... and I will be repainting my old Ford truck in Flat epoxy black , but thats because I dont want to spend a bunch on bodywork and paint .....

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:54 am

The guys over here dont actually do anything to the factory paint, rather they use some sort of wrapping technology. Matte Black is just another colour for the wrap that goes over your factory paint.
Its supposed to protect the factory paint from chips, abrasions and so on..

cane

Postby cane » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 am

Exactly what Coom said :) , over here in Dubai , you have to seriously think about protection from chips & sand abrasion etc. This wrap actually makes good sense but i think its pricey, I know a few people who go for the the clear film on the front of the car instead. It sure looks cool in matt black tho 8)

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:54 am

I saw the wrap , curious to the price ... I would guess pretty spendy to get a wrap that looks that good .....I guess if you can easly go back to OE paint, it may be worth it ...

I will say the Carbon Fiber Bentley was pretty cool .... Do a Path like that and your sure to get some serious looks ...

abomb1

Postby abomb1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:43 am

I wonder how well it lasts in the colder areas and if it holds up to all the salt we have here in the winter. I think it said it lasts about 5 years, so what keeps it from peeling on the edges for that long?

Npath

Postby Npath » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:17 am

abomb1 wrote:I wonder how well it lasts in the colder areas and if it holds up to all the salt we have here in the winter. I think it said it lasts about 5 years, so what keeps it from peeling on the edges for that long?
This reminds me of sheets of magnets some off roaders use to protect the body from scratches. Those sheets aren't cheap either.

ColoradoPeople

Postby ColoradoPeople » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I've thought of Matte Blacking the ridge on the hood that runs along the top side of the hood closest to the windshield wipers as the sun glare is brutal at times. Wife doesn't want me to "deface" our Pathy though.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”