Window issues when cold

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

thejean

Window issues when cold

Postby thejean » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 am

My windows struggle to go up and down when it's -20C or less outside. You guys have the same issue? Oh yeah, I have a 2008 V8.

jens

Postby jens » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:49 am

Yes and I have 2006 PF.

thejean

Postby thejean » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 am

Is there a fix for it?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:41 am

thejean wrote:Is there a fix for it?
my 05 has no problem.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:02 am

My 08 does have this problem too but only when it was -18 and the windows were frozen. But all other times no

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 am

I have a newer '08 and I noticed the motors seems weaker that other vehicles I've owned w/ powered windows.

Joel

thejean

Postby thejean » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Well, last night with my family in the vehicle and a highway drive ahead of me, having a window stuck down at -25 celcius would have been unacceptable (I had to pull on it to get it to go back up but any colder and I am thinking it would not have gone up). We just got back from Florida and we had no winter coats with us which exacerbated the issue. This 'little issue' needs to be brought to the attention of Nissan. I'm going to take mine to the dealer and DEMAND they do something about it. I'm not normally a jerk about things like this but this one is to me unacceptable. It could leave you stranded in extreme cold with a window stuck down and you can't drive because the window is stuck down. You can sit there an blast heat until the thing runs out of gas but that is not a solution in my opinion. Anyway, it's a safety issue and needs to be addressed. JC

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:27 pm

thejean wrote:Well, last night with my family in the vehicle and a highway drive ahead of me, having a window stuck down at -25 celcius would have been unacceptable (I had to pull on it to get it to go back up but any colder and I am thinking it would not have gone up). We just got back from Florida and we had no winter coats with us which exacerbated the issue. This 'little issue' needs to be brought to the attention of Nissan. I'm going to take mine to the dealer and DEMAND they do something about it. I'm not normally a jerk about things like this but this one is to me unacceptable. It could leave you stranded in extreme cold with a window stuck down and you can't drive because the window is stuck down. You can sit there an blast heat until the thing runs out of gas but that is not a solution in my opinion. Anyway, it's a safety issue and needs to be addressed. JC

Maybe needs some lubrication? It was -30C here yesterday, and my 05 is no problem up or down. If only the blower motor wasn't shot...

thejean

Postby thejean » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:30 pm

disallow wrote:Maybe needs some lubrication? It was -30C here yesterday, and my 05 is no problem up or down. If only the blower motor wasn't shot...
Possibly, but the dang truck is only 5 months old. Seems like a bad window motor design to me.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”