Calmini Show Rig

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Alfxc08

Calmini Show Rig

Postby Alfxc08 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 am

On the Calmini website, under the Pathfinder 5 in suspension system, theres a picture of a black Pathfinder. Anyone have any idea who makes the bumper guard thats installed?

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:56 am

maybe give the link...

Alfxc08

Postby Alfxc08 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:22 am

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 am

thx....hmmm, no idea on that bumper guard. sorry

MonkeyMike

Re: Calmini Show Rig

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:53 am

Alfxc08 wrote:On the Calmini website, under the Pathfinder 5 in suspension system, theres a picture of a black Pathfinder. Anyone have any idea who makes the bumper guard thats installed?
pretty crappy view, but it looks like a universal bumper guard / bull bar. although, looking at the rock rails, they probably just fab'ed both in-house.

email them and ask.

also, do you want this for functional protection of the bumper, or just appearance?

~mike

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Under the Pathfinder section it has a spot for bumpers, then says..."Coming Soon"

...so my guess is in house "test bed"...cosmetic, or a structural bumper, who knows?

Alfxc08

Postby Alfxc08 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks guys. I'm just looking for something to mount some lights on. My winch has a 2 in receiver mount so a front receiver will prob be my next project. I'll just wait and see what Calmini comes up with

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Not to sound negative or anything, but they (Calmini) don't seem to be in a hurry...

Look at shrockworks.com for real tubing stuff. The more inquiries they get, the more likely they will put up a Pathfinder section. (hoping anyways)

Myself and alot of members here have their sliders and skidplates.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:54 pm

socal4x wrote:Under the Pathfinder section it has a spot for bumpers, then says..."Coming Soon"
"Coming Soon" to Calmini means years to the rest of us. They are so horribly slow at everything they do. I'm surprised they survive.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:04 pm

I dunno, from what I've been hearing, Shrockworks isn't any better when it comes to Pathy parts.

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah...I've noticed that for a lot of these 'custom' manufacturers "Coming Soon" means longer than the life of your actual vehicle!

That front bar is either an in-house custom job (possibly on the Coming Soon radar), or just a stock one from another manufacturer that they painted red (my guess it's their own they fabbed up).

I'm actually looking at doing a similar light mount as this...will be using a bull bar from another manufacturer (haven't decided which one...a number of them right around the $200 mark shipped will do), then mounting the lights on the top bar (there are "off road lighting tube mounts" available out there) vs the stock light mount tabs. The look will be the same as the Calmini setup.

I did the 'wait for the coming soon parts' from Calmini before with my Xterra...then was shock and appalled at the price when it was finally released anyhow...so now I just find other options...there are plenty out there!

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:47 am

It is probably in-house custom bumper as shv2sail said. I have seen their rear-tube bumer in person back in '02 or '03 at Calmini site (Looked pretty nice). Calmini being a custom off-roading equipment manufacturing company, I'd incline to believe that they made that front tube light bar for pathfinder.

The owners (brothers) of the company basically have 2 lines of business: Calmini and Full-Traction. They operate their businesses in one large warehouse. One side of this warehouse is for Full-Traction, and the other side of that is for Calmini. They do understand from years of doing business that while there are some demands for Susuki/Nissan vehicles, there are much larger demands for domestic vehicles. Since they're in the business of making money...just like any other businesses, when it comes to deciding where to put more time and money to produce products, it is unfortunately clear what market that is.

You can send them an email, but their replies typically wouldn't give you the kind of specific answers you are looking for. It's just much better to make a call to them if you wanted to find out more (whether it's a good news or not so)...speaking from my personal exeprience.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”