Sound Upgrade

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

KenB

Sound Upgrade

Postby KenB » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi, Upgraded my '06 non Bose sound system by adding an Amp Sub and for the interesting thing the front doors take a 6x9" and the rear take 6" speakers. Ran it with RCA convertors and all speakers etc ... Pioneer. Exellent results and sounds fantastic :D

nj05pathfinder

Postby nj05pathfinder » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:52 am

I just put a Pioneer Avic 700bt in my 05 base XE with Hertz Audio speakers. I really just wanted a new headunit and GPS, but when the install guys told me the OEM speakers were 2 ohms, I immediately replaced the OEMs with Hertz Audio Energy speakers (6x9 three ways in the fronts and 6.5 two ways in the rear) so I don't blow the receiver over time. I spent a little more than I wanted but this set up will blow away the stock system and rival the Bose system even for bass output and that's without an outboard amp. Since I went this far I'm planning out the amps and 10in sub install.

Anyone know if amps can be mounted under the front seats? The base XE has vents for the rear passengers which are vented under the front seats. I'm not that tall so I don't have my seats slammed way back. Just want to mount everything discretely and maintain my cargo space.

myriad46

Postby myriad46 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I had always read that aftermarket 6x9's won't fit in the front door. It sounds like they do? Did you need to modify anything (new holes, bracket..etc)?

nj05pathfinder

Postby nj05pathfinder » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:22 pm

I asked if they had to cut into the front doors coz I was surprised that a 6x9 was the factory fitment and they told me, the Hertz speakers were drop-ins into the stock speaker hole. They said our trucks have good depth in the doors, so most speakers are not a problem. Just rememeber though that my truck is a base XE model with NO Bose system. I don't know if the Bose setup is totally different than the base setup.

myriad46

Postby myriad46 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:51 pm

It turns out the Crutchfield's advisor was screwed up, or they didn't have any in stock that would fit. There are several 6x9's that will, but not all of them. As far as amps, there appears to be plenty of headroom under the frint seats. You could build some stilts for any amp to avoid the vents.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”