V6 Se V8Se springs

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Captain
Sponsored Member

V6 Se V8Se springs

Postby Captain » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:24 am

I was looking over at Nissan's parts and I really hate the way the PF rear suspension cannot carry/ or to soft of the ride. I see the the V8 has different front and rear springs. does anyone know what the difference is? I thinking of going OME but do not want to hurt my Extended warranty

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 am

I know this isn't a direct answer to your question, but many of us are running rear air bags. They are rated to adjust from 5psi-35psi and really help things out. When I'm just running around town I keep 10psi in them and it firms out the rear end nicely. When I have more of a load, I add air to adjust to fit. When at 35psi things stay level with a 22' boat attached, 4 people, 2 dogs, and a load of camping gear. When unloaded at 35psi the rear sits about 2-3" higher then normal.

socal4x

Re: V6 Se V8Se springs

Postby socal4x » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Captain caveman wrote:I was looking over at Nissan's parts and I really hate the way the PF rear suspension cannot carry/ or to soft of the ride. I see the the V8 has different front and rear springs. does anyone know what the difference is? I thinking of going OME but do not want to hurt my Extended warranty
Warranty should only apply to the part you altered, or maybe the suspension in general...the rest shouldn't be affected by OME's...I have been to my dealer for various reasons and they like the OME look and have no problems with it...

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 pm

When I take it in for a service this coming week I will ask whats the rules they fallow when it comes to warranty. At peterbilt we warranty any part not altered. So the spring is not warranty but all brackets/hangers are warranty if OEM. hopefully Nissan is the same.

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 am

This probably isn't much of an answer either but my V8 LE has a pretty soft rear as well. I doubt there is too much difference between the two types of springs. I've been thinking about some bags for around town and the few times a year I'm hauling stuff.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”