Vent visors for the windows...?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Mark72501

Vent visors for the windows...?

Postby Mark72501 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Who here has vent visors (or rain guards or whatever you want to call them) on your Paths? If you do, what brand do you have and how well do you like them? If you have friends who have others on theirs, how do they compare? I'm basically looking for any info you can share! Thanks in advance...I'll be checking for your posts!

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri May 08, 2009 4:13 am

I have had the Weathertech in channel ones on my '05 since it was new... They are the best I've seen... They mount close to the window and don't use tape to hold them in place... You can see pictures in my signature below (VIEW MY ALBUM/MODS)...... Triffid

http://www.weathertech.com/

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Triffid wrote:I have had the Weathertech in channel ones on my '05 since it was new... They are the best I've seen... They mount close to the window and don't use tape to hold them in place... You can see pictures in my signature below (VIEW MY ALBUM/MODS)...... Triffid

http://www.weathertech.com/
So I guess those just slide up into the channels and stay there? Do they not scratch the edge of the windows (the part that slides up into the channel) any? They look nice and clean...just wondering about those things.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Mark72501 wrote:So I guess those just slide up into the channels and stay there? Do they not scratch the edge of the windows (the part that slides up into the channel) any? They look nice and clean...just wondering about those things.
I run the same visors. Tension from the design helps hold them in channel but they do actually come with an adhesive strip. So there is a positive grip from the adhesive tape and the visors design prevents it from simply falling out. You'd have to rip/bend it out.

They haven't left any marks on my windows. I suppose they could if you let an excessive amount of dirt, dust and grit build up, but nothing on mine over the past 3 years.

I definitely like them. Never was a fan of the "stick on the door frame" ones.

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:26 pm

blink32 wrote:
I run the same visors. Tension from the design helps hold them in channel but they do actually come with an adhesive strip. So there is a positive grip from the adhesive tape and the visors design prevents it from simply falling out. You'd have to rip/bend it out.

They haven't left any marks on my windows. I suppose they could if you let an excessive amount of dirt, dust and grit build up, but nothing on mine over the past 3 years.

Ok, thanks for the info! That's helpful. I'll definitely be considering them!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat May 09, 2009 6:31 pm

i have the nissan oem ones. they are held on by double sided tape and it also uses some brackets that mount behind the window run channel. i chose these because the rear on the in channel ones looks odd to me being so small. plus oem is a big plus in my book it has the natural look.

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:56 pm

I see what you mean about the rear ones of the in-channel WeatherTech brand (and other brands of in-channels i presume). I'll continue to check around and see which ones I like the looks of best before I make the purchase...thanks for the help and input, all!

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Mon May 11, 2009 8:39 am

Got these fitted before I got the car (at my nissan dealer)

http://picasaweb.google.no/lh/photo/nPX ... directlink
http://picasaweb.google.no/lh/photo/2yD ... directlink

No idea of the brand :(

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:58 am

sveintore wrote:Got these fitted before I got the car (at my nissan dealer)

http://picasaweb.google.no/lh/photo/nPX ... directlink
http://picasaweb.google.no/lh/photo/2yD ... directlink

No idea of the brand :(
Ok, cool. Yeah, looks like those are the Nissan brand ones they sell as an accessory.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 pm

sveintore....i thought nissan only sold them as a set. i see you have only the fronts. all 4 came in my set.

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

I installed the AVS in-channel vent visors. I didn't want to use the OEM ones because I didn't want to stick them directly onto the paint.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Mon May 11, 2009 1:08 pm

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:sveintore....i thought nissan only sold them as a set. i see you have only the fronts. all 4 came in my set.
Got all four now :)
When they put them on thy discovered that they had to do a warranty repair on the back window.

Very pleased with them :)

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 am

blink32 wrote:
Mark72501 wrote:So I guess those just slide up into the channels and stay there? Do they not scratch the edge of the windows (the part that slides up into the channel) any? They look nice and clean...just wondering about those things.

I've been considering the weathertech ones myself because of the non stick feature, but any of you that have them do you have your front windows tinted? Are there any adverse effects against the top of inside of the window? TIA

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:36 am

I tried the weathertech ones, but the clearence was so tight that my window tint started to peel along the top of the window. So I returned them & haven't trayed any other ones.

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am

NVRDONE wrote:I tried the weathertech ones, but the clearence was so tight that my window tint started to peel along the top of the window. So I returned them & haven't trayed any other ones.
That's what i was worried about, i'm just not a fan of the stick on ones or at least haven't found a set that I like. Thanks NVRDONE.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”