2008 front dash rattle

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

FlexWrex

2008 front dash rattle

Postby FlexWrex » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:24 am

Hey guys,

I have a constant rattle coming from the front dash area. I have checked everything possible to see if it is lose but if i hit a rough patch or something it just rattles....could this be the cds that are in the changer rattling?

I have no clue what it could be. Any insight would be great. thanks.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 am

just keep looking.. had a rattle that baffled me for over a week. turned out to be loose change in the car seat slider. let someone else drive and concentrate on the sound where its coming from.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: 2008 front dash rattle

Postby NVSteve » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 am

FlexWrex wrote:Hey guys,

I have a constant rattle coming from the front dash area. I have checked everything possible to see if it is lose but if i hit a rough patch or something it just rattles....could this be the cds that are in the changer rattling?
Doubtful that it would be the changer making the noise-I know I would have heard something by now if that were true.

Drive around with someone else in the vehicle & have them help narrow down the area where the noise is coming from. If it is from the dash, I'd remove it, check all the wire looms, all the bolts/screws, then reinstall.

I've had 2 noises that actually took me a while to find. One happens when the seatbelts (any of them) are not fully retracted, or are twisted. The second noise really annoyed me & ended up being change in the center console change rack thingy. I've pulled that out.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:13 am

If found the change holder rattles like crazy as well.

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:56 pm

I've got a nice little annoying rattle coming from the passenger door armrest. I can ride down the road and place my hand on it and it stops. I need to pop it off and see whats loose or making it rattle.

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:11 pm

I also have a rattle in the dash area of my '08 Path. Sounds like it is from up around the defrost vent area, toward the right hand (passenger) end. However, it seems it is down inside because I can place my hand on the vent and the noise is still present.

Any ideas???

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Mark72501 wrote:I also have a rattle in the dash area of my '08 Path. Sounds like it is from up around the defrost vent area, toward the right hand (passenger) end. However, it seems it is down inside because I can place my hand on the vent and the noise is still present.

Any ideas???
Today I noticed it especially loud when I went out for lunch; I'm thinking higher humidity causes whatever is moving to make more noise as it moves (I'm not sure how to explain what I mean but it's as if the moisture in the air make it stickier or at least make more noise as it moves). Does anyone have any idea on this?

Also, is it easy to pull the piece that runs across the dash and has the defrost vents in it? I get the feeling it's just below that...if I could easily pull it I might find what the problem in mine is...thanks.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:54 pm

I had a rattle on my '05 for the first year or so, I believe it might have been the A/C refrigerant line that runs along the firewall in the rear of the engine compartment. Took it in to Nissan one time and the tech said he didn't really do much, but it never returned since. Not sure what he did.

I had noticed too that it seemed to rattle more on hotter days after I had been using the A/C...maybe a thermal expansion phenomenon. Maybe this is similar to Mark72501's observations.

Good luck finding it. The rattles have been annoying, but fortunately they seem to be settling out as time goes on.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”