Rear end bottoming out with rear passengers.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dezthumper

Postby dezthumper » Sun May 18, 2008 7:57 am

RacerZX wrote:I'm sorry but that just doesn't seem possible. If what you're talking about is with just driver and no cargo nor towing, either what you're feeling isn't bottoming out or there's something obviously broken with your truck any dealer/mechanic can find.
I had Nissan inspect it - they measured the static sag (distance vehicle distance moves in relation to tires without weight and then with vehicle sitting on ground, fully weighted, no cargo and no occupants). That measured out fine. They also checked the shocks (they were just replaced). They road tested and said it was certainly soft and said it was for ride comfort. I found several complaints all over the internet about the problem and in fact, I saw several legal actions. I don't have the time or money to do this - just wanted the back-end to stop wallowing and bottoming. The kids think it is fun - but I have to drive the pathfinder as if it were a kid's low rider car so as not to bounce it so hard.

I ordered the complete air lift package - in-cab controller with compressor, pressure read-out and air bags. That is suppose to arrive today or tomorrow. I will have it installed before my upcoming trip to our pad in Rocky Pt for memorial day weekend. That road is high speed with nice rollers (undulations) in the road that always caused me to white knuckle the steering wheel at least three different times. From what I've read here and in other Pathfinder forums, that will be the cure. Our trips down there require full load for five days on the ocean - food, clothing, laptops et al and usually one other friend of the kids. It is almost 3.5 hours of freeway driving averaging 65mph or so. I will give full feedback to you guys on the outcome and differences between stock 05 LE suspension and Air Lift's assistance.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sun May 18, 2008 11:50 am

I'll be interested to hear about the in-cab controller. We have it a 15psi normally, and pop it up to 30psi for towing.

We towed last weekend with our 2,000lb. Starcraft with a 240lb. tongue load. There were four of us in the PF and a bunch of stuff in the back. The road we took was a back road with a bunch of cattle guards and old bridges. I don't think it bottomed once.

dezthumper

Postby dezthumper » Sun May 18, 2008 11:57 am

That is excellent news.

I purchased mine, with controller and bags, with shipping and handling, to AZ, for just over $200 - I think it was $202. I went through AutoAnything, they did a price match for the bags against JCWhitney for $74 and against Summit Racing for the controller version II for $129 or something like that and then gave me 10% off because I was over $200. It is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. I will have my shop install it and will take pictures of the install, if possible, and post here for all of you to see.

We have a trip planned and I'll write notes on that as well. I will not be towing anything, but will have a full load.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”