2005 Pathfinder transmission problems

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

xtreme

2005 Pathfinder transmission problems

Postby xtreme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Ok, So I have been reading around online lately. It seems that a lot of people have been getting coolant leaking into the transmission and basically having to replace the whole tranny. I still have been fortunate enough to not have this problem occur yet. However, it seems like up until this point I have had every possible problem and rattle that everybody has been talking about, so I've been fearing this coming now. I really don't want to shell out over 5 grand for a new transmission.

I have a few questions to the 05 owners... First, how many people actually have had this problem and at what mileage did it occur? I have heard there is ways of preventing this from happening. The people that had this problem, this sounds like a defective radiator. Would replacing the radiator with a different one prevent this leak from happening?

I have also heard the other option was getting an external cooler to bypass the radiator completely, however this option seems like there would be a lot of extra mod work involved.

Any info on this problem would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

kramer

Postby kramer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Its being beat to death already... http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... e0a02f5935

There's no sense asking the limited number of people who post here to tell you if they've had the problem. A simple google search will get you dozens and dozens of hits for this very issue.

The way to avoid it is posted in the above link.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”