Parts numbers for 2005 Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

apsupermom

Parts numbers for 2005 Pathfinder

Postby apsupermom » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:00 pm

I want to resolve any possibility of a tranny issue from leaked coolant. I have heard I can replace the radiator with an "upgraded" one that doesn't seem to have the leaking issue. Is that true and if it is what is the part number?

I also need the fuel sending sensor part number

I also need the part numbers for the timing chain plastic screaming wheels things...this is the pricey repair not the cheaper one...

And don't worry...my Master Mechanic FIL is going to do all this stuff for me...he just doesn't get along with the parts counter guy at our local Nissan dealer...

myriad46

Postby myriad46 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 am

Before the flaming commences, I thought I would lend a hand...

Concerning the radiator, coolant leaking topic, there have been a lot of threads recently about this. It would be best to post in one of the existing threads, rather than start a new one. Not only is it better forum ettiquete, but you're far more likely to get an answer. I think there was a thread updated today about this issue. If skimming the last few dozen thread subjects doesn't pop up anything, try the search feature.

With part numbers, I found this website to be useful:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _6834.html

Most of the parts can be ordered right from there, for a far better price than going to your local dealer, also.

Good luck.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:04 am

For any of the jobs that you mention there are several other parts that will need to be replaced at the same time, i.e. gaskets, seals, hoses. The secondary timing chain tensioner replacement ("plastic screaming wheels things") is a significant engine tear down needing a list of 10 or so different parts and a day of shop time. If not done properly this could easily destroy your engine.

The person doing the job really needs to plan it out and tell you what will be needed. For what it's worth, I don't know how much I'd trust a mechanic that can't get the parts himself.

Tech

Postby Tech » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:51 pm

good luck with the t-chain man, if he hasn't done one before, and isn't friendly with the dealer, kiss your valves goodbye. It's super finicky and it he doesn't dystroy a cam or cover, the sealing of the cover is very particular.

serach the posts, i've posted the new sender p/n.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”