think my rear shock is shot.....

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cruzstyle

think my rear shock is shot.....

Postby cruzstyle » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:44 pm

so i have crazy cabin shake. when i hit speed up to and past 50 MPH the car vibrates uncontrollably. a buddy of mine was driving next to me and said that my rear tire was bouncing up and down the whole drive like it was about to fall off. so the only thing i can think of is that the rear shock is done. i just checked my breaks last weekend and they were still 50% wear left and everything else looked good. so wht do you guys think?

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 pm

What about the Ujoints, how are they?, never heard of shock will do that, but ive been wrong before.

Npath

Re: think my rear shock is shot.....

Postby Npath » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm

cruzstyle wrote:so i have crazy cabin shake. when i hit speed up to and past 50 MPH the car vibrates uncontrollably. a buddy of mine was driving next to me and said that my rear tire was bouncing up and down the whole drive like it was about to fall off. so the only thing i can think of is that the rear shock is done. i just checked my breaks last weekend and they were still 50% wear left and everything else looked good. so wht do you guys think?
Yep, your shocks apparently seems to be blown. BUT, head over to a joe blow shop and get them to confirm.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 am

Bouncing wheel is a good indicator of the blown shock. Since there is no more dampening from the shock it now bounces up and down compressing the spring. How many miles do you have on your truck?

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 am

ok so i posted this earlier but it is now gone. i looked at the shock and all the others are clean. this one looks like it was leaking something all over it and is saturated. so im going to say that it is shot or bad. i was looking at getting an aftermarket one but cant seems to find many besides rancho, munroe, and blissten

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”