Side airbags - only available on the LE models?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kev1n

Side airbags - only available on the LE models?

Postby kev1n » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 pm

I was looking at used pathfinders and I seems like only the LE's came with side curtain airbags ? Is this true ?

Npath

Re: Side airbags - only available on the LE models?

Postby Npath » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:15 pm

kev1n wrote:I was looking at used pathfinders and I seems like only the LE's came with side curtain airbags ? Is this true ?
No, the SE's have them also, but you have to buy the premium package... Canadian version, anyways.

The package comes with sunroof, boom box, mp3, stereo control on the steering wheel, leather seats on the 07+? models.... and other items I can't think off the top of my head.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 am

Thanks- is there any way to tell visually if the car has them or not on the SE models ? It looks like it was a $700 standalone option in the US versions so when I shop I need to make sure I pick one that has the side airbags - need to know how I can confirm if it has it.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 am

It was available in all models. It was the only option on our "S" model. There's a tag sew into the top of the seat that says "SRS Airbag", and a plastic plug above the front seatbelt anchors that says "SRS Curtain Airbag".

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:38 pm

08Datsun wrote:It was available in all models.
Almost. I really wanted them on my SE-OR, but the only way I could do that was if I had ordered the leather interior. There was no option for it with the fabric interior, at least on the SE-OR. But yeah, it's very easy to spot the seat tag.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 pm

NVSteve wrote:
08Datsun wrote:It was available in all models.
Almost. I really wanted them on my SE-OR, but the only way I could do that was if I had ordered the leather interior. There was no option for it with the fabric interior, at least on the SE-OR. But yeah, it's very easy to spot the seat tag.
That's hilarious, as the S is only available with fabric. It must have something to do with the special SE-OR fabric.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:34 am

08Datsun wrote:
That's hilarious, as the S is only available with fabric. It must have something to do with the special SE-OR fabric.
The more I think about it, the more I remember. I believe I could have ordered the SE-OR with cloth & side airbags, but I couldn't add on any other packages. Once I added on the power package w/sunroof, they would not allow me to get side airbags without also ordering the leather. I believe that all changed the following model year. In any event, I was pretty peeved that I couldn't just order what I wanted. Optional packages are not always optional.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:37 am

i have an 06 se 4wd with every options bose sunroof...etc and i also have the side airbags with the cloth. i wanted leather but the wife didn't so we got the cloth. it has the little tag that you cant miss on the seats

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks all,

Do you have any pics of the little seat tag or the spot above the belt anchor ? I see the little square thing above the anchor on almost all that I have looked at online but I doubt that they all have the side airbags. Does that square have the SRS logo on it ? is it a blank square if it doesn't have the airbags ?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”