2005 Nissan Pathfinder Car. I need help. Car Turned Off!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Loi617

2005 Nissan Pathfinder Car. I need help. Car Turned Off!

Postby Loi617 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:35 pm

i own a 2005 nissan pathfinder 4x2 RWD 4.0

84,xxx Miles on it
with 2 accidents,
1 was in front bumper
1 was in rear bumper

ALL THE STUFF THAT BEEN REPLACED IN THIS CAR
-Fuel Meter Replaced by warranty
-Oil sending unit replaced at $90 my money.
-New Tires
-New OEM CD PLAYER

NO ENGINE DAMAGE! NO AIRBAGS DEPLOYED!
only bumper was damage.

So i was driving today on the highway around 80mph on cruise. and all of a sudden the cruise control turned off. i thought it was a glitch or something so i turned it back on. and all of the sudden, i see the check engine light blink on and off a couple times. and then the car just completely turned off on the highway O.O steering wheel locked. so i had to turn it slowly to the left so then i was on the emergency lane. i try to turn the car back on but it wont start. its not the battery cause i got a NEW battery replaced not to long ago. and all my powers work. i try starting the car and its like the car is having a hard time to turn on. the wwhole car shakes a bit when i try to turn it back on. So i waited like a couple mins and it turns on but car feels kinda weak. i had a random guy came and try to jump start my car and the car still wouldnt turn on. so i know its not the battery. so then later i waited a bit more and i turn it on it worked. and drove for like 2 mins or so and it started to turn off again O_o so yupp was stuck for 10 mins and turn it back on and it work. Drove straight home and car is fine now. anyone know the issue?

maybe new
-starter?
-electrical?
-alternator?
-spark plug?

thanks for reading and helping me out guys

disallow
Site Admin

Re: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Car. I need help. Car Turned Off!

Postby disallow » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Loi617 wrote:i own a 2005 nissan pathfinder 4x2 RWD 4.0

84,xxx Miles on it
with 2 accidents,
1 was in front bumper
1 was in rear bumper

ALL THE STUFF THAT BEEN REPLACED IN THIS CAR
-Fuel Meter Replaced by warranty
-Oil sending unit replaced at $90 my money.
-New Tires
-New OEM CD PLAYER

NO ENGINE DAMAGE! NO AIRBAGS DEPLOYED!
only bumper was damage.

So i was driving today on the highway around 80mph on cruise. and all of a sudden the cruise control turned off. i thought it was a glitch or something so i turned it back on. and all of the sudden, i see the check engine light blink on and off a couple times. and then the car just completely turned off on the highway O.O steering wheel locked. so i had to turn it slowly to the left so then i was on the emergency lane. i try to turn the car back on but it wont start. its not the battery cause i got a NEW battery replaced not to long ago. and all my powers work. i try starting the car and its like the car is having a hard time to turn on. the wwhole car shakes a bit when i try to turn it back on. So i waited like a couple mins and it turns on but car feels kinda weak. i had a random guy came and try to jump start my car and the car still wouldnt turn on. so i know its not the battery. so then later i waited a bit more and i turn it on it worked. and drove for like 2 mins or so and it started to turn off again O_o so yupp was stuck for 10 mins and turn it back on and it work. Drove straight home and car is fine now. anyone know the issue?

maybe new
-starter?
-electrical?
-alternator?
-spark plug?

thanks for reading and helping me out guys
If the CEL us on, get the code read and report back.

t

Loi617

Postby Loi617 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:03 pm

whats a CEL us? thanks for helping me out. let me know more about the code. whats the code and where to get it? thanks!

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Loi617 wrote:whats a CEL us? thanks for helping me out. let me know more about the code. whats the code and where to get it? thanks!
I believe he meant if the CEL is* on....and CEL is short for the "check engine light".

Loi617

Postby Loi617 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:23 pm

yes the Check Engine Light was on.

Mark72501

Postby Mark72501 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Loi617 wrote:yes the Check Engine Light was on.
OK, so he was saying you should take it to a shop or a dealer and have the code read to see what it says was the problem...that's what he meant.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Take is to Autozone or any major car parts retailer and ask them to read the check engine light codes. Once you have the codes, post them here so people have better idea on what to tell you regarding possible causes for this malfunction.

Loi617

Postby Loi617 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 am

okay ill try but its not starting -_- dammit

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Loi617

Postby Loi617 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:17 am

dammit my car have the same problem again. this time i recorded it so you guys can hear how it sounds like. is this what happen to your car too? let me know

if anyone can help me out or prob know what the problem is let me know thanks!

give me a call at 2395603647 if u know the problem, thanks for the help people

i own a 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER V6 4.0 RWD SE EDITION

here let me know what you think. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON TOO!

VIDEO OF IT WONT STARTING! LISTEN TO HOW ITS TRYING TO START!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whSoCtCEzF8

FINALLY
THIS IS A COUPLE MINS AFTER I GOT IT STARTED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ouGEcKQME

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm

You need to have the ECM = engine control module read to find TROUBLE CODE. Since the Pathy runs and does not run, I would say you have a bad electric fuel pump, or the ECM is bad..you can guess all day long but the code is what ya need. Welcome to sophisticated electronics age, in which the ECM tells you what is wrong.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:44 am

Yup thats the first thing i thought, a prob with the fuel pump or the IPDM may be. Get vehicle read for the codes.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”