HID Fog/Driving Lights from Checker Auto Parts

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ColoradoPeople

HID Fog/Driving Lights from Checker Auto Parts

Postby ColoradoPeople » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Hey all... a big rock punched a hole through my fog light lens on my '07 PF. The replacement is $110 for a lens and a reflector. Anyways... Checker Auto Parts sells a 3.5 inch HID driving light kit for about $80 per lamp. I believe these are more street legal than the HID conversion kits for the regular headlamp housing... Has anyone installed an HID driving light in the place of the driving/fog lights? Just trying to get a feel for it. Thanks!

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:16 am

i have HIDs in my headlights and my fog lights. they are amazing. IMO the pathfinder has a great cut off and does not glare in the eyes of the oncoming driver as most little street hondas. the fogs look amazing and really show me whats on the road and projects extremly far down the road. i have the converion kit in my fogs and they are great. so i would bet that the kit you are looking at might be a little better since its not a conversion and you wil be using a differnt reflector. is this a actual HID bulb with ballast and all? or is this just the normal halogen bulbs that "look" like HID lights?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”