Heated Seats

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SPICOLI

Heated Seats

Postby SPICOLI » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 am

I got out of the freezing cold into my 2005 PF after work today only to sit on some real cold cloth seats. That's when I got this crazy idea of having heated seats. Did any of the SE's come with heated cloth seats? Has anyone install heaters in their PF seats? Or am I just wishing? :lol:

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:12 am

pretty sure the factory heated seats were only available with the leather option. although, any competent shop that can do interiors/upholstery can add a heat pad to your seats.

~mike

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 am

Find you an auto accessory shop and get them to quote some heated seat pads. not too expensive to have installed these days. Cloth doesn't get as cold as leather

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:06 am

never had heated seats before the pathy....don't want to be w/o them now (yes, it does get cold in vegas....has been below freezing the past 2 mornings).

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm

thanks guys, I'll look around for a shop. The cold doesn't usually bother me, but going to work at 4 am for the last two weeks in the freezing cold is not fun. The worst part of it is that it's just cold, no snow, no rain, just bloody cold.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:24 pm

you'll be amazed at how often you use them. please let us know if you decide to do an install....might be something worth doing to my gf's car if the price isn't ridiculous

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 am

guinnessjim wrote:never had heated seats before the pathy....don't want to be w/o them now (yes, it does get cold in vegas....has been below freezing the past 2 mornings).
I had to lend a hand at the stupid Jazz game last night, but bailed on them right after tipoff. When I got home around 9pm, it was 2 degrees. WTF? 2 freakin' degrees. It was -35 at Bryce Canyon 2 days ago.

Anyway, I've been in a friend's Jeep with heated seats. I'm not sure I could ever have them, unless they act differently in the Nissan. In the Jeep, it would be frigid cold & then, all of a sudden, it feels like your ass is on fire when the seats kick in/on.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:51 pm

They certainly make heated seats with middle grade steps in between on and off :wink:

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:10 pm

NVSteve wrote:
guinnessjim wrote:never had heated seats before the pathy....don't want to be w/o them now (yes, it does get cold in vegas....has been below freezing the past 2 mornings).
I had to lend a hand at the stupid Jazz game last night, but bailed on them right after tipoff. When I got home around 9pm, it was 2 degrees. WTF? 2 freakin' degrees. It was -35 at Bryce Canyon 2 days ago.

Anyway, I've been in a friend's Jeep with heated seats. I'm not sure I could ever have them, unless they act differently in the Nissan. In the Jeep, it would be frigid cold & then, all of a sudden, it feels like your ass is on fire when the seats kick in/on.
naw....the seats in my path come on q/ a gradual quickness (meaning they don't take long to heat up, but you do notice an incremental change in temp), and if they get too hot, you just turn them to low.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”