Bye bye warranty

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

trance34

Bye bye warranty

Postby trance34 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:57 am

How long until the auto tensioner or the fuel sensor goes bad?

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Bye bye warranty

Postby disallow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:51 am

trance34 wrote:How long until the auto tensioner or the fuel sensor goes bad?

If you didn't cruise this forum, you wouldn't even know about those things.... :) And probably would be saying 'I had 60000 trouble free miles' or something along those lines.

Knowledge is power, but comes with its detractors. Worry is one of them...

My 05 has over 85000mi trouble free, exceppt for some minor BS which I've dealt with on pretty much every car I've owned. Never anything major.

So, I'm not trying to flame ya or anything, just want to make the effort to put it into perspective... :)

Merry Christmas.

trance34

Postby trance34 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:51 am

Yes, but I have had issues already such as the propeller shaft go bad, and some trans issues early. I have had to replace the drive belt auto tensioner once and belts 3 times to get the squeal to go away. I had to have the evap relay replaced. So I feel i have a little room to worry about known issues that Nissan even acknowledges. :)

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:55 am

I'm at 68K, and have always had the fuel gauge off a little. 1/2 tank displayed, is actually closer to 1/4 actual. But recently it's really messing up and triggering the SES light. Had I gotten it taken care of when is was just an annoyance, I could have saved $400. Oh well.

BTW, on my return trip from WV to FL, I filled up just north of Columbia, SC and the needle didn't get to full until around the GA border. Actually it never did get to full because by then I was back down to 1/4 tank displayed. Annoying thing was until it got back up, the trip computer displayed the "---------" on DTE.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 am

im only at 35K miles, and have had my water pump replaced twice, gasket sealant once, belt once, and A/C micro-filter twice ...

kindly refer to the "liwa" thread to figure out why ... :mrgreen:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2640

i love this car

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:44 am

IMO buy a new car before the parts and labor start to add up. This is said because i am frustrated about the dealership and Nissan. I have had my pathfinder in the shop now 5 times now for the fuel sensor relay. My front u-joint was replaced under my warrantee right before it expired and now my rear u-joint needs to be replaced. also i have been having problems with the heater at idle.

That being said maybe this is just my Pathfinder and my patience being tested but i have seen alot of people on here complaining of the fuel issue. Nissan has yet to do anything about it for anyone. No recall or anything.

lame if you ask me. :roll:

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm

throw some holy water at it and hang a horse shoe in the back and all will be well.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:17 am

If I start having problems with my Pathy, and if they are severe problems.. I will trade it in and get a Honda or something else. Sorry for that remark.. :oops: I really like the Pathy, the body style and interior are what made me purchase this ride. I feel that the Pathfinder is one of the best looking SUV out there. I just am in Awh! when I look at the body lines. I hope I will have no problems. currently Pathy has only 9700 miles. I better drive her more. I rotate Pathy and my Ram truck daily.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”