HID Conversion Kit for Cheap

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

gjacko77

HID Conversion Kit for Cheap

Postby gjacko77 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 am

Hey guys,

New to posting on this forum but ever since i bought my 06 black on black pathy back in august i've been visiting these fourms.

I found a great one day deal for for an A&K Advance 9007 HID Xenon Conversion Kit. ***$50*** The kit Comes with the following.

Type: Xenon Super Vision HID 9007 (6000K)
High intensity: 3x brightness of halogen system
Longevity: Bulbs life exceeds 2500 hours
Reduced energy consumption
Quality Assured ISO 9001 Certified

6000K (Diamond White)
8000K (Brilliant Blue)
10000K (Super Ultra Blue)

I don't know to much about A&K HID Conversion kits but for 50 bucks for the whole shabang that seems pretty good.

I just bought silverstar ultras, which i'm not very happy with, so I'm interested in this kit. Anyone else interested or have any expereince with this kit?

PM or send an email to [email protected] if you want the website for the kit. I'm not sure what the rules are for posting outside links on these forums.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Now I paid that price for my hid kits. My kits came with the bulbs the ballast and all the wires. Is this kit an actual kit or is it a regular halogen bulb with a blue tint that runs hotter then stock lights and give us less light on the road. Most kits on eBay are around that price and come with everything and r of good quaility for plug and play

Cooper993

Postby Cooper993 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:50 pm

I don't think 6000K will be very white. 4300K is the whitest you can get in my experience. Those will have a blueish tint to them (which I find annoying)

gjacko77

Postby gjacko77 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey guys you let me know what you think about this kit. I'm not affilated with this site at all so i don't want to get banned or anything. Can you please tell me if this an actual kit? It comes with the lights and ballast.

I just bought a new softball glove, bat, bat bag, shirt, and batting gloves so my funds are pretty low right now. So do you think this is an actual conversion kit?

http://www.deal800.com/AampK-Advance-90 ... _1132.html

Thanks,
Grant

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 am

50.00 is a sale price, reg price 75.00 looks like a simple plug/play. not bad. free shipping too. give it a try and report back on how you like it..it is all there in the kit. GO FOR IT. :wink:

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:08 am

that is a whole kit but i would get the 4300k if your getting these lights fr actual night vision improvement. if your just going for looks and want a blue look then get these. also when u click on the middle picture the one with the bulbs if you look at the blue connector plug the part that is up in the picture, you will notice that the end is raised. you are going to have to file or sand or grind this down until it is flush with the rest of the plug or else it wont fit through your white bulb connect ring. besides that its pretty easy only like 30 mins to install

gjacko77

Postby gjacko77 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks guys,

Going to wait until next friday when i get paid. I want my vision to improve. Don't like my silverstar ultras right now because i feel like when i'm driving with street lights i can't see my headlights at all. They are great though for backroad/country driving.

Will update if i decide to get the kit.

gtfd912

2010 Pathfinder high beams go out with HID

Postby gtfd912 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Pleas let me know if any of you guys or girls know anything about the high beam computer turning off the hid kits. If there is bypass kit out there please let me know.

ravrunner

Postby ravrunner » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 am

So I am planning on getting this kit, Any problems comments aside from the ones above?

cruzstyle

Re: 2010 Pathfinder high beams go out with HID

Postby cruzstyle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am

gtfd912 wrote:Pleas let me know if any of you guys or girls know anything about the high beam computer turning off the hid kits. If there is bypass kit out there please let me know.
i had both high beam and non high beam in my path. u have to make sure firs you get a Bi/xenon bulb because a regular HID does not have the HIGH option and also u need a digital ballast i believe

log

Postby log » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 pm

cruzstyle wrote:
gtfd912 wrote:Pleas let me know if any of you guys or girls know anything about the high beam computer turning off the hid kits. If there is bypass kit out there please let me know.
i had both high beam and non high beam in my path. u have to make sure firs you get a Bi/xenon bulb because a regular HID does not have the HIGH option and also u need a digital ballast i believe
Wish I would have read this post before I bought the A&K HID kit.

Anyways no high beam lights now.

I just installed them yesterday and haven't used them at night. Wait and see I suppose.

log

Postby log » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:58 pm

log wrote:
cruzstyle wrote:
Wish I would have read this post before I bought the A&K HID kit.

Anyways no high beam lights now.

I just installed them yesterday and haven't used them at night. Wait and see I suppose.
After having these in for a few days, I took them out.

The driver head light works about 75% of the time. The Passenger headlight works about 20% of the time and unfortunately sometimes I get both out at the same time.

I double checked all my connections and they seem to be good.

In any event I'll be returning this set and will pick up a high/low set instead.

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:51 am

Sucks to hear man...If I caught this thread before you bought them I would have recommended DDM Tuning. Similar price but with a lifetime warranty and I know a lot of people who have tried them and were very pleased.

As for Color temps, anything north of 6000k is a waste imo. Ideally 5000k is what you would want, 4300k is too close to stock. 6000k would give you that bluish tint.

But to be perfectly honest, HIDs in general shouldn't be used in our stock housings as they were not meant to be used with HIDs. The best way to go about using HIDs is to do a complete projector retrofit.

log

Postby log » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:57 am

ocdjg wrote:Sucks to hear man...If I caught this thread before you bought them I would have recommended DDM Tuning. Similar price but with a lifetime warranty and I know a lot of people who have tried them and were very pleased.

As for Color temps, anything north of 6000k is a waste imo. Ideally 5000k is what you would want, 4300k is too close to stock. 6000k would give you that bluish tint.

But to be perfectly honest, HIDs in general shouldn't be used in our stock housings as they were not meant to be used with HIDs. The best way to go about using HIDs is to do a complete projector retrofit.
Yeah I wish I would have jumped on the DDM website before I placed the order. In any event I ended up placing an order with DDM. The pricing was just as good and it seems like they are getting good reviews.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”