Kinda pissed

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Yeah, they didn't get stolen. As mentioned, if you were going to steal something, the brand new spare would be the first to go, especially when you consider it's probably worth more then both boards combined (and a hell of a lot easier to sell afterwards).

Plus, while removing them is not difficult, there is a lot of unbolting, thus it takes a lot longer then I'd care to spend under a new truck on the lot at night. Someone probably got a stern talking to after you left.

Lat time I went to my local dealer, they had all sorts of stuff on the "dealer installed" listing, like wheel locks, pin stripes etc.., that were not present of half the vehicles. I couldn't help but wonder how many people didn't get what they payed for when buying these cars.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:05 pm

I might be worried to take that truck. The QC at the factory failed on quite a few levels if that's actually what happened. Anyone that's been in a factory setting knows how these things are built and you have to wonder if any other SE features were missed.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 pm

I went item by item on the sticker and brochure making sure everything was there. Even the dealer installed items, like wheel locks.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

The running boards were installed today and my money was refunded. The dealership was really cool and accommodating about it. I guess they should be for a vehicle that cost that much.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 am

Glad to see they made it right, and took care of you.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 am

And here I am thinking about taking mine off. Had the Pathfinder for a week or so now and the running boards are filled with road grime/slush/crap all frozen up in a nice ice ball. Impossible to use them as a step and they do a great job of rubbing dirt on my pants if I don't step out like I'm getting off a horse. But they sure do look good...... :D

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:02 am

skinny2 wrote:And here I am thinking about taking mine off. Had the Pathfinder for a week or so now and the running boards are filled with road grime/slush/crap all frozen up in a nice ice ball. Impossible to use them as a step and they do a great job of rubbing dirt on my pants if I don't step out like I'm getting off a horse. But they sure do look good...... :D
My old truck had them and I liked them, but I live in Louisiana where snow isn't "normally" and issue. For me, they make washing much easier and they look really good.

mkaresh

Postby mkaresh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

cbacarisse wrote:I looked under the truck and the spare tire is there. There are a few sets of screw posts that I assume the running boards screw on to; they have not been used. I think the running boards were left off at the factory.
This seems by far the most likely. Either the guy on the line slipped up, or they ran out of running boards and planned to install them later, but forgot.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”