Kinda pissed

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

Kinda pissed

Postby cbacarisse » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:40 pm

When I bought my 2010 SE it didn't have running boards on it. I told the guy I would like them, he said I needed to talk to the parts department and they would be open on Monday. Monday I contacted them and ordered the running boards for 200. They should be in tomorrow.
I was looking at my sticker tonight and realized the running boards come standard on the SE model.
Why weren't they on there and why were they going to sell me said running boards as accessories. Either the sales guy is a con man or wasn't trained properly on the models.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:47 pm

I'd be asking them to pay you back and if that doesnt work slap the new car manager in the face with the window sticker and raise hell! Thats Bull$h!t i'd be beyond pissed!

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 am

Since you got a 2010 model, I have to assume it's new. If not, it's entirely possible a previous owner removed them, in which case the dealership wouldn't really owe you anything. I removed mine off my 05 SE.
But since I suspect yours is new, I'd definately be getting with the dealer and getting them put back on @ no-charge. If they buck, pull out the sales sticker from the window. I'd think it would be listed as a standard option on there. If so, they owe them to you.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:48 am

unless he's selling u the S model with an SE badge. check the VIN, 4th letter/number from the left.

check this to see ur options:

http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/nissan.asp

for the model year, 2010 is A

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:23 am

It's new. The window sticker has them as standard feature and the VIN does have the A in the right place.
I'm going up there in just a few minutes.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 am

GET UM!!

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 am

:lol: Let Em Have it man! FIGHT!!! :evil: keep us posted.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 am

I wonder if these come from the factory with them installed or if it's something the dealer has to add? Strange unless someone was sleeping that day at the factory...doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy. BTW, where are these built?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:35 am

skinny2 wrote:I wonder if these come from the factory with them installed or if it's something the dealer has to add? Strange unless someone was sleeping that day at the factory...doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy. BTW, where are these built?
For the north american market, Smyrna, TN.

Maybe they got damaged in transit and removed hoping nobody would notice? I dunno, it doesn't make sense to chince out on $200 parts for a $40000 truck.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 am

Go get them, when I bought my 05 PF w/ Premium Package, the dealer insisted that it had all the bells and whistles but without leather and NAV. The sticker in the window said that it came with AUTO lights, so the curious guy that I am, I went looking for them. They weren't on the truck. I had to show the dealer the window sticker, argue with them and finally get my way. It's only after they replaced the headlight switch to an AUTO one, did they fess up and tell me that they took it off my car before I bought it just to put it on another car that they needed it for. "We meant to replace it back" was the answer I was given.

I hope more people call the dealers on their BS. Keep them bastards honest, ..... ok sort of honest. :lol:

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:13 pm

I went to the dealership and they are going to install them. They said they may have been stolen off the lot. That is entirely plausible knowing the surrounding neighborhoods. I talked to the owner of the dealership, he will make it right.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 pm

cbacarisse wrote:I went to the dealership and they are going to install them. They said they may have been stolen off the lot. That is entirely plausible knowing the surrounding neighborhoods. I talked to the owner of the dealership, he will make it right.
Thats good! Atleast you didnt have to slap somebody.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Check to see if you have a spare tire, while you are there. If they stole the running boards, the tire is a cakewalk.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm

I looked under the truck and the spare tire is there. There are a few sets of screw posts that I assume the running boards screw on to; they have not been used. I think the running boards were left off at the factory.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:21 pm

cbacarisse wrote:I went to the dealership and they are going to install them. They said they may have been stolen off the lot. That is entirely plausible knowing the surrounding neighborhoods. I talked to the owner of the dealership, he will make it right.
Strange. I can't imagine there is much of a market for the Pathfinder-specific side steps. You'll probably see them bolted to the side of a little Honda with blacked out windows and a spoiler from an Audi.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”